Bowie knife

G

Goyaałé

I just wanted to share with everyone. This is my Bowie knife that is almost done. A gentleman by the name of Greg Campbell is making it for me. He live here in San Diego some time back. He delivered on every detail I wanted in the knife. Here is s photo of my Bowie. He will be making a sheath for it as well. I will be ordering a Skinner and boning knife from him as well. Anyways just thought i'd share. Instagram handle is @curcustoms. Facebook handle cur custom blades.IMG_20180728_101353_878.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180728_101344_139.jpg
    IMG_20180728_101344_139.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20180803-142244.png
    Screenshot_20180803-142244.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Damn fine piece of work, I know it can't be cheap. I have a love for knives and made me a knife, I cut the blade out of a Kukhri blade probably made in India or Pakistan from leaf spring and epoxied it into a an elk handle (bought at Petco). my work at getting the edge I want is a work in progress. down the road, I will make a fitting sheath for it as well. I will try and post some pics. some day, I hope to forge a blade/heat treat it and take it one step further. I have a great Puma Bowie that me Bro gave me on my retirement that garnered me admiration and fear when I hiked around convict lake in June :D after reading so many posts about mountain lions on this great forum, I am going to start wearing a big blade during bird hunting instead of my usual folders. My saying is a Man can't have too many knives (and European shotguns) :p

Damn fine piece of work, I know it can't be cheap. I have a love for knives and made me a knife, I cut the blade out of a Kukhri blade probably made in India or Pakistan from leaf spring and epoxied it into a an elk handle (bought at Petco). my work at getting the edge I want is a work in progress. down the road, I will make a fitting sheath for it as well. I will try and post some pics. some day, I hope to forge a blade/heat treat it and take it one step further. I have a great Puma Bowie that me Bro gave me on my retirement that garnered me admiration and fear when I hiked around convict lake in June :D after reading so many posts about mountain lions on this great forum, I am going to start wearing a big blade during bird hunting instead of my usual folders. My saying is a Man can't have too many knives (and European shotguns) :p
Post some pictures. I would live to see it. I have been collecting old files. I plan on making some knives my self.

Goyaale, I just wasn't able to export the pics into this site. if you PM me, I will send you the pics of the knife in stages.

Since retired, I to want to either build or buy a small furnace. To make custom knives. I have a good back ground on different steels and heat treating methods. I would like to design and build working knives for gutting. Don't like the styles offered at the sporting goods. I don't care for the disposable type. Pros and cons. They work great and sharp. I am just old school. Great knives Goyaale and Smokey.

Back