BPS now owns sportsmans warehouse

I try and buy my gear from direct to consumer companies, small local shops and retailers. Nothing beats good customer service and high quality in my books. There are a lot of small guys making great gear in the hunting industry. shout out to Fine Firearms in La Mesa and Bow and Arrow Shop in Lakeside.

Last edited:
I can foresee the day when all there will be is, "One Mega corp. Inc." Shop here, we are your only choice.

Reactions: CRABBY
Wish there were more places like a place I stopped in through in Ely, NV called Sportsword..had a little bit of everything and wasn't too big. Turners is a disgrace of a outdoors store and big 5 tries but no real hunting brands.

Reactions: CRABBY and Smokey58
I try and buy my gear from direct to consumer companies, small local shops and retailers. Nothing beats good customer service and high quality in my books. There are a lot of small guys making great gear in the hunting industry. shout out to Fine Firearms in La Mesa and Bow and Arrow Shop in Lakeside.

I agree. Bass Pro is fun to visit to see all the taxidermy and I do go there for general items, but for technical gear I am all about the direct to consumer.

Reactions: Smokey58
Best 3
I try and buy my gear from direct to consumer companies, small local shops and retailers. Nothing beats good customer service and high quality in my books. There are a lot of small guys making great gear in the hunting industry. shout out to Fine Firearms in La Mesa and Bow and Arrow Shop in Lakeside

Hands down the best two shops in town!

I hate Bass Pro's selection first it was Cabelas now this . They are over priced and always out of everyday stuff you know the stuff we all use . You would think their point of sale service would pick up on that . And have you ever tried returning something without a receipt ?? Good Luck there they can look up your card to see your purchases but if you dont know the exact date they have to look up your purchases by each month and then its only 10 transactions at a time . They are putting all the small shops out of business .

Reactions: sportyg
Reactions: Herson

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu