Broke in My Kimber 308

spot dropper

Oct 7, 2012
Hey guys, John at Fine firearms wanted me to show you my factory Kimber 8400 Tactical .308 that I recently broke in. It has a Mcmillan A3 stock and a Bushnell Elite Tactical 6X24X50 scope with the G2DMR reticle. Has a Harris bipod on it right now but that will change pretty soon. To break it in I used PMC bronze 147 gr. because it was cheap at the time and it got the job done. I then got some Factory match Hornady superformance 178gr. and it tightened up fast. The pic shows three shots in that smeared hole at 100 yards and they were number 4,5,& 6 out of the box. Kimber guarantees sub MOA with factory match and they were not lying. All my shots were from the bipod (no lead sled). I am extremely happy with the way this gun is performing and am pumped to start reloading to put three through a smaller hole. Next trip to the range I will be hitting 200 and 300 to check groups.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0348.JPG
    IMG_0348.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Rad gun my man, what did that put u back??? Pm if u don't want to go public

That is a fine looking rig SpotDropper! And yes, those are Night Force rings...

Sure guys the gun usually goes for 1800 plus but I got it for 1200. The scope was 1070 and the rings were around 200. I saved up for a while get get this thing but it has defiantly paid off

Congrats on the rifle, looks like a nice set up. Doesn't usually associate kimber with rifles but cool to see what they have to offer.

Sorry guys forgot to add the group pic. This was at 100yds off bipod.

Attachments

• Z.jpg
    Z.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 165
Good looking rifle. Did it come with the A3 stock or did you put it on? 308 will last forever. You going to load "heavies" in it?

Maybe I missed it.
Shane

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu