Buck Down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
Read the full story on the front page of SCH - http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=594:the-luck-boxers

Incredible hunt yesterday. I got dressed at the office and got on the road. With bad traffic, I got into the stand later than I wanted. I sat a few hours without seeing anything. The wind was swirling and blowing in the wrong direction but I sat and played it out. Just 20 minutes before quitting time this nice buck steps out on the 60 yard trail and starts coming. When he got to 40 yards I tried to stop him with a little kissing sound. He kept walking and went out of view. He disappeared after 65 yards, walking down hill away from me. I had missed my chance. I got a doe bleat call out of my pack and did one bleat and waited. Nothing………. I did one more and waited again. Suddenly he appears on my left side behind a bush at 20 yards. He was looking right at the base of my tree looking for the doe that made that sound. He started walking and I drew back my bow. Three more steps and I sent the Rage through his cage. He took off the uphill trail. I could hear him crashing through the thick stuff and knew he was hit good. The ruckus stopped for a second then started again. It got louder and louder as he ran back down hill on the same trail and took a nose dive / slide into home plate right in front of me. It was over. He was piled up just 5 feet from where he was standing when I shot. Incredible! No need to wait an hour, no need to blood trail. I grabbed the video camera that was still recording (but facing the wrong way) and yelled some excited profanity into it. I called my wife from the stand and yelled some more excited profanity. I got down and walked up on my biggest local buck ever.

Game On………………………………

Attachments

• buck 4.JPG
    buck 4.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 477
  • buck 12.JPG
    buck 12.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 473
  • buck 16.JPG
    buck 16.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 474
  • DSC04839.JPG
    DSC04839.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 473
Re: Buck Down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?!!!!!!!!!!!! Game Over!!!!!! What a stud,Both you and the deer!!!!! Way to go Jim.Well now I can shoot one of the bucks I been passing on,Because thats gonna be hard to beat.Good job and great story,im totaly stoked for you.

Re: Buck Down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOB!!!! That's a nice buck Jim, I first read your story before logging on and got pumped..... but NO picture? I couldn't log on fast enough, congratulations that's a donkey for So. Cal. Like I.M. said that will be hard to beat!

P.S. He's bigger then your target buck!!!!!!!!!

Oh hell yes! That right there is one hell of a buck! Good Lord you set the bar incredibly high for the big buck contest. Absolutely beautiful. Congrats!!!

Damn nice buck Jim. That is some strong work!

Jimbo
Bro I'm so stoked for you!!! Can't think how crazy that feeling was for u when u seen howw big he was.

Contest is over, thanks for spoiling the fun bro ..... Jk

Right on!! Hope you like your new bowtech!

Thanks Guys. It's not over yet. It's on right now and that's why I took off work on a Thursday afternoon. Get out there and make it happen this weekend. A22 closes on Sunday night.

Its not on yet where I hunt.Its still to warm up there.Im hoping this storm will flip the switch.Ill go back sun morn and sit til noon,but it usually dosen't crank up till end of oct. Your right anything can happen,but man that will be tough to beat.Again good job Jim.

I was on my way home from AZ tonight and my phone exploded about Buckhunter shooting a giant deer. Talk about suspense, I had to wait two hours to get home and look at the pics. They were right he is a toad.

Jim congratulations on shooting a great Pacific Hybrid. That deer is always going to hold a special place in your heart and hopefully your wife will let you put it in the house. Again nice job.

Lungpopper.

WOW! Great Buck you got there. Looks like you have a pic to use for your new Avatar...... Good Job.

[list type=decimal]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

Well I decided I'm going to hunt rifle. Congrats on the new bow hell of a deer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu