Bucket list---What is yours?

doccherry

May 7, 2021
I'm an old fart, retired, opinionated, with too much time on my hands, so here goes again. If you had a ton of money, were in great physical condition, and were running out of time, what hunt would YOU go on? I personally think that elk is the most majestic game animal on earth and the Rockies are God's Country, so my final trip would be something to do with elk, but everyone has their own favorite. Sound off!

The 15th I find out if I got my Elk hunt this Oct. If not I'm going to go on four day trip on the Intrepid out of San Diego. I should have started this reply just like you did. We are in the same boat, old fart, Ect. Ect. Hell Im might do the intrepid trip either way.

The 15th I find out if I got my Elk hunt this Oct. If not I'm going to go on four day trip on the Intrepid out of San Diego. I should have started this reply just like you did. We are in the same boat, old fart, Ect. Ect. Hell Im might do the intrepid trip either way.
Sir: I have never met you---perhaps someday---but I hope that you make both of your trips. How about hunting elk on the Intrepid? I hear that elk can't resist a mackerel trolled at 4 mph and nothing puts down a yellowtail faster than a 300 Win Mag to the noggin. Hope your bucket list is fulfilled. My personal bucket list is 100 pages long but I've had more than my share of good luck when it comes to hunting so I can't complain. Still have some hunting to do---or I hope so. Best of luck Mr. Gundoglover. I still have yet to meet a human being with more honor and more worth than a good gundog. Probably never will.

John & Bruce,

I'm old as well...And to be honest, I can't think of one thing I would want to do other than maybe a Osceola turkey hunt to finish my slam....:blush:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu