Buddies Buck

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Got a message from one of my buddies who tagged out his archery tag. I won’t say what zone but it’s a tag you can draw every year.

he would find bucks every year scouting and never see them in rifle season so he decided to pick up archery this year (first season ever archery hunting).

46542764-3520-42FE-9493-26924F764397.jpeg

Very nice! Hell of a buck! They always seem to scatter a couple more miles once rifle season starts. The biggest bachelor heards I’ve ever seen has been during summer archery in areas that look super similar to where your buddy took his buck.

Reactions: JakeSCH
That’s a great buck! I’ve seen some photos of giants that came out of X9C. That zone is an easy draw, I’d like to give it a try after I either draw G3 or get tired of waiting. X10 is even easier to draw, I bet theres some big ones in there too.

Reactions: JakeSCH
That’s a great buck! I’ve seen some photos of giants that came out of X9C. That zone is an easy draw, I’d like to give it a try after I either draw G3 or get tired of waiting. X10 is even easier to draw, I bet theres some big ones in there too.

Exact boat i am in. I didn't go along with them because I am saving points to get a good buck...like that. :sob:

Congratulations to your buddy and there are bucks like that in every unit just have to work hard and be lucky!

Reactions: skeet
Exact boat i am in. I didn't go along with them because I am saving points to get a good buck...like that. :sob:
Thats the dilemma with waiting for G3 vs going with a zone like X9C. There are big bucks in the easy draw zones but the odds of finding one are a lot lower than they are in G3.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu