Bullfrogs?

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
Ok this is random but does anyone know of anywhere in SD county to go froggin? I know its not really hunting in the technical sense. But I was talking to a couple guys from AL this weekend and bullfrogs came up, so I was curious about it here in socal. I heard of people giggin up in Tahoe area but I was wondering if there's established frog populations closer to home?

Here in San Diego Co, most ponds are on private property (and dry now)........The best places that are left in SoCal are the IV ditches and the Colorado River areas.

There's been a major drop-off for whatever reason......I hunted them most everywhere when I was a kid in LB......When I moved to SD, every pond had them. Not so much anymore.

I love froggin'.......... ;D

Attachments

• frog huntin' 6-19-13 003.JPG
    frog huntin' 6-19-13 003.JPG
    509.7 KB · Views: 26
  • frog huntin' 6-19-13 008.JPG
    frog huntin' 6-19-13 008.JPG
    552.5 KB · Views: 28
  • frog huntin' 6-19-13 016.JPG
    frog huntin' 6-19-13 016.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 25
That looks like fun! Last euro hunt I didn't hear any frogs but I don't think any water was nearby our campsite. As a kid we never had bulls in our backyard stream, only green frogs and toads that'd feed off crawdads. We'd catch em and put em in a tank until they die. Typical kid stuff.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu