Buying a new bow.

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
S I been shooting a older model PSE that I bought about 5 years ago from Cabelas and now I want to move up to a better bow. I been talking to Bruce at the B&A Shop and he some what sold me on a Bowtech Invasion. I would like to buy it this week but what does every one else think? Anyone shoot that bow?

I got to shoot Bruce's bow and I almost died and went to heaven, that thing is so light, quiet, and blazing fast compared to my $500 PSE. I have taken turkeys and rabbits with my PSE but the thing is so loud its some what annoying. Any advise or info would be much appreciated.

I shoot a Mathews Switchback xt it is a great bow,but after shooting the Invasion I WANT ONE.
My Switcback is set at 70 shooting 261 FPS.Shot the Invasion set at 60 with the same arrow it shot 288 FPS.

Don't buy something because of what you hear, buy the bow that feels best in your hand. When I bought my son a new bow for his birthday I took him to Bruce 4 times to shoot the bowtech and 3 times to Performance to shoot Mathews and Hoyt. He ended up with a Bowtech even though I shoot A Mathews SB. My 2 cents.....SHOOT THEM ALL!

It really has to do with the feel of what bow fit you best. Today you have to focus on the big three which is Bow Tech, Mathews and Hoyt. If you are looking to get more of a starter bow you really can’t beat the Assassin by Bow Tech. It comes completely loaded with everything you need on a bow to go out and take any local animal down.

I shoot the Bow Tech Admiral and for me I can reach out to a 100 yards and be dead on my target. If you need any help touch base with me and I will help where I can.

Thanks guys, I been bow hunting since I was a kid but I never had a higher end bow. I shot the invasion and like I said before, I loved it. I think I may go and shoot a matthews and a hoyt to compare. Thanks every one!

I agree with the other guys, when it came time for me to step up and get a new bow I did some internet homework narrowed my search to 4-5 models then shot them all and went with what was comfortable to me. There are a lot of brand bashers out there that always want to say there bow is better then this one or that one but it really comes down to which one you feel comfortable with.

TopBuck said:
Don't buy something because of what you hear, buy the bow that feels best in your hand. When I bought my son a new bow for his birthday I took him to Bruce 4 times to shoot the bowtech and 3 times to Performance to shoot Mathews and Hoyt. He ended up with a Bowtech even though I shoot A Mathews SB. My 2 cents.....SHOOT THEM ALL!

I totally agree. As a lefty I found the Mathews just feels better in my hand. Better balance too.

Yep, like they said... Figure what you want... speed, quiet, forgiveness then go shoot it to see what you like. Personally, I will only buy from Bruce and his shop. I've been to the other one and will never go back.

I shot the Matthew Q2 for years and now I shot the 2009 Bowtech Air Raid. I love it. I live for Bowtech but there are truly a lot of great bows. You just need to try them all like your doing and narrow it down to the one and only.

I'm actually more biased toward Bruce's shop, he went out of his way after hours to help me set my bow up so most likely I will be buying a bow from him. The crew at the B&A shop truely knows what customer service is and they are not afraid to tell you if some thing doesnt work even when they could have made money off of me. I did shoot the Invasion and like I said, I fell in love with that bow. It just felt right when I shot it. I will be shooting a matthews that my friend has and see how I like that.

Thanks all for your input!

Great input Matagi, All these bows are so close to each other it is so hard to see many differences, it is all feel on what makes you shoot more accurate. To me speed is not the most important factor, accuracy is. Like I said before I can reach out to 100 yards and be dead on and that to me is most important, good shots in the boiler room. I hope your travels get you the bow that makes you the best hunter you can be.

TopBuck said:
X-2

I did shoot an older PSE as well a "Baby G," I'm now shooting a Limbsaver DZ 32 love the bow and it is very forgiving. I agree shoot a few different bows not just one or two then buy what feels and shoots best for you.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu