buying my first bow ???

sledgehammer said:
need your opinions a pse or a redhead kronik what would be best for a first timer in bow hunting ?

I'm going to sound like a broken record on here. A trip to the Bow and Arrow Shop will get you started right. As a first timer shooting a bow you will need some instructions on how to shoot the bow properly. Your bow will also need to be set up to fit YOU . You wont get that at BPS.

OUUCHH!!!! how does that even happen? I mean really just think about the way a bow is loaded and what happens when its drawn back. the arrow is not even on the correct side of the bow? was this a total nob? or a little too much to drink? Id love to know the whole story. I grew up around bows and shot a little competitively in JH and HS but thats been years, but ive never hunted with one.

ALWAYS go to an actual store for your first bow and even if you must buy a used bow due to price, take it in to a shop before you ever knock and arrow. get it sized and adjusted and new strings/cable. Get lessons or a buddy from this site to meet up at an archery range and learn how to shoot safely. what ever the real story is with this picture bad things can happen even to experienced guys.

That looks like the arrow was to short and when he pulled it through the rest he panicked and hit the release.
I had an arrow explode on release once. No pics of the carbon in my arm but do have a pretty good scare from it.

Go to the Bow n Arrow shop! You will not be disappointed. They won't try to sell you something you don't want or need and will show you what to do and how to do it. They are the best hands down.

It's worth a trip over to Bow n Arrow shop. The instruction and follow up care easily double the value of any bow you buy.

well thanks yall so i guess what ill have to do is go out to bps and buy my bow there since i have a ton of gift cards from xms to spend then ill drop by the bow and arrow shop have get it setup properly for me thanks again yall and yes of course safety first ;D ;D

Excellent idea to go to a pro shop, but not just for your gear. They are experts at showing new people how to use their gear, and how to pick out the shooting accessories that you may not even know you need. AND meeting people who have a common interest is a wonderful way to improve your experience.

sledgehammer said:
well thanks yall so i guess what ill have to do is go out to bps and buy my bow there since i have a ton of gift cards from xms to spend then ill drop by the bow and arrow shop have get it setup properly for me thanks again yall and yes of course safety first ;D ;D

Dollar for dollar you would be a lot better off buying from Bruce from get go, spend your gift cards on fishing tackle or clothing

sherpa said:
sledgehammer said:

Dollar for dollar you would be a lot better off buying from Bruce from get go, spend your gift cards on fishing tackle or clothing
X2. It might cost you "nothing" with gift cards, but you'll do better with expert advice BEFORE you buy as well as after.

Trust me the best starter bow you can buy for the money is he Bowtech Assassin. My son has this bow and it is so accurate and fast. It has a smaller riser and is compact for back country bow hunting. You can buy it as a blank now and put your own choices on it. Go see Bruce and he will hook you up. Good Hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu