CA Elk public land?

CLarson757

Dec 29, 2019
Can’t find any information on the City of Los Angeles PWD land north of Lone Pine. Is this public or off limits for a Tule hunt?

I should’ve clarified, I saw a ton of fugging elk and want to know if the PWD land is public or if it’s a pipe dream.

They are required to allow access on the leased land. I drew that tag and every landowner I talked to allowed me access. In fact one rancher told me "I'll let you hunt but you have to gut shoot 5 before you shoot yours"... he was kidding. The elk cause a lot of damage. That was in 2005... not sure if things have changed much. I'm going to draw that tag again... just to piss everyone off. Good luck. Ed F

They are required to allow access on the leased land. I drew that tag and every landowner I talked to allowed me access. In fact one rancher told me "I'll let you hunt but you have to gut shoot 5 before you shoot yours"... he was kidding. The elk cause a lot of damage. That was in 2005... not sure if things have changed much. I'm going to draw that tag again... just to piss everyone off. Good luck. Ed F

Im certainly going to keep putting in for a tag every year. In all my years driving up there I’ve never seen elk. If it happens great, if not I’ll just keep applying and hope that I can find them again if the time comes.

I have seen a herd east of Lone Pine in the desert area between the river and the base of the mountains. Good luck.

its hard to not want to hunt them once you see them for the first time. One day I hope to have that opportunity.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu