(Call to Action) Don’t let greedy outfitters ruin a great opportunity

MasonP

Nov 21, 2021
Hey all,

As you know, CA legislature is seeking to turn pigs from a game animal (requiring a tag per hog) to an exotic and turn it into a validation (much like out beloved turkeys, ducks, and upland birds). It would be very cheap to get the validation and you’d be able to hog hunt without a tag each (as you all know).

Unfortunately, many VERY profitable outfitters and organizations representing those outfitters and landowners is trying to ruin this opportunity for the every day hunter. I appreciate the effort that guides and outfitter put it, but let’s not let the states habitats get destroyed by invasive species just in the name of greed.

Here’s an article outlining what’s happening - Call your reps and tell them you support the passage of the bill!

(Also, if it seems familiar, it is. They attempted in 2018 to no avail)

Last edited:
Does every guide have a jagd terrier now?

This is the problem I have with it so it's a no for me

Dodd’s bill also includes a ban on the controversial practice of hunting pigs in fenced preserves. California has a few of these “high-fence” hunting ranches scattered around the state.

There’s a conversation about this.

Those things are Gross...Mason...have you ever shot one? Or hunted said swine?

By the way.. no landowner These days in CA. Is Crying destruction do to pigs.. LOL..fck..they manage for Pigs..and are very successful. And are killing it financially...as for public land ..there are none or very few..not enough for any type of *habit destruction*..state can't cry that data either..damn pigs ..

Does anyone know any ranches that have a pig problem. I only charge 1k a day to help you eradicate your pig problem. Tough work but someone needs to do it.

if you act now and i can shoot the pigs from a pickup or boat i will cut 20% off your fee

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu