can labs fly?

Trained a pointing lab for a guy last year that was beyond the most prey driven dog I have ever met. Eighty pounds of I'll do whetever you want as long as I get to have the bird. The dog did nothing slow every time I sent the dog it went full speed water or land. In the field on retrieve it would be sliding past the bird at full speed and gathering it up and come back to you just as fast as it could, only problem was you got back a hand full of mush because he would crush it on the way home (we eventually fixed that). In the water he would launch himself ten feet from the edge and land six feet out and make a wake paddling so hard. On point he would go full throttle the same but lock up like a statue when he found scent, maybe a few feet away because he moved so fast but still amazing. I think once he matures the owner will have his once in a lifetime dog. The most amazing lab I have ever had the privelidge of training. I'm not much of a lab guy but I would own that dog in a heartbeat

Trained a pointing lab for a guy last year that was beyond the most prey driven dog I have ever met. Eighty pounds of I'll do whetever you want as long as I get to have the bird. The dog did nothing slow every time I sent the dog it went full speed water or land. In the field on retrieve it would be sliding past the bird at full speed and gathering it up and come back to you just as fast as it could, only problem was you got back a hand full of mush because he would crush it on the way home (we eventually fixed that). In the water he would launch himself ten feet from the edge and land six feet out and make a wake paddling so hard. On point he would go full throttle the same but lock up like a statue when he found scent, maybe a few feet away because he moved so fast but still amazing. I think once he matures the owner will have his once in a lifetime dog. The most amazing lab I have ever had the privelidge of training. I'm not much of a lab guy but I would own that dog in a heartbeat
Guarantee that lab was black.....

My Blonde smoked many a Black Lab in both Upland and in the Blind. I hunted her until 13 years. Even with a terminal degenerative disease she was still getting it done. To be fair, my senior Black Lab is phenomenal. Nothing like a great Lab.

JohnIMG_6738.jpg

So golden retrievers and poodles (yellows and chocolates) do hunt... The more you know

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu