Cancer sucks

Ahidog

Jul 10, 2012
My family and I are dealing with some tough news. Cindy has pancreatic cancer. Acinar Cell carcinoma that has metastasized. She starts chemotherapy next week (Wednesday) in hopes of shrinking the tumor, so it can be removed. Right now the tumor is inoperable because of it's size and location (it is near some major blood vessels) and this surgery is extremely invasive with a 3-6 week in hospital recovery. Chemotherapy begins Wednesday, July 11 and will continue every week for the foreseeable future with the purpose of shrinking the tumor. She also have a pet scan Tuesday to see if there is more cancer lurking in unseen corners of her body.

I know that she has many more days to spend here with our family. We have the courage and stamina to face this fight with determination. We appreciate the prayers for myself and my family.

My family doesn't need meals or anything yet but we will let you know if/when this becomes necessary. Right now we would appreciate not getting phone calls.

Our God is an Awesome God and he has a plan in all this and will see us through. I know many who have been healed miraculously and others who have been maintained for many years. If ultimately she is called home he has reason for that too. But we are fighting this disease as hard as we can because she feels she is not done on this earth.
86bfe47428e1987033981dbba2df03d3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so sorry to hear this. Yes, cancer sucks. My wife is undergoing treatment now after having all lymph nodes removed from the left side of her neck. Chemo and radiation. Like you without our trust in God we would be pretty hopeless. Prayers for you. Send me a PM or call if you want to lean on another cancer husband.

Tom,

Prayers sent to Cindy, you and the boys.....Again, if there's anything I can do....Please let me know.

Thank you Steve if I need you you know I’ll call

I am sorry you are going through this. I will pray for the family.

Reactions: Ahidog
Damn Cancer is a scourge that afflicts mosts families. My prayers for your family. All you can do is stay strong and positive

Reactions: Ahidog
I went thru pancreatic cancer with me dear Mum, fight it ! look up holistic medicine: foods, juices, lemon juice and garlic in the morning on an empty stomach etc... refuse to accept there is no fight against it but accept God's will whatever it may be. sorry for the rant, but I've had a bottle of Malbec with bbq and your post brought back memories. your family is looking to you now for strength.

Sending prayers and hoping the advances in medicine are ready to help you win this one.

Possible terminal disease is always tough for all involved when it comes to doctor's and how they can best help you. Give it the best you got and try to gain balance on what works best. It's been my experience that you just take care of those you love as best as you can and accept what life will give . God bless you all.

Reactions: NBK and Smokey58
Tom. You are right GOD has a plan. Praying for you and the family. Special prayers for the boys. Cindy we know she's tough ,if she had to put up with you and the boys. Prayers to the family. GOD BLESS

Tom. You are right GOD has a plan. Praying for you and the family. Special prayers for the boys. Cindy we know she's tough ,if she had to put up with you and the boys. Prayers to the family. GOD BLESS

Thank you Mark I know you will be praying along with seriously 1000’s of others. I completely believe she will be healed so she can continue to “put up with me” for years to come.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu