Cant believe people

code3run

Feb 27, 2011
Covina Ca
Took my son out last night for a evening rifle hunt to a spot we have been to before. As were sitting off the side of the trail, a group of about 5 guys with guns come walking back out so we come up and meet them. They said they only seen does and continued walking down the dirt road towards the bottom of hill where our vehs are. We are walking a little distance behind them and its still daylight and the one guy decides to take a few practice shots with his 30-06. We walk behind and pick up his brass he left behind. One of them stops and takes a drink of water and just throws his empty bottle over the edge! What the crap! :mad:

That is just flat out ignorant. What zone were you hunting? D16 isn't open for another week.

Its D11. That kind of behavior is already expected rifle hunting up here. We just decided to leave bows behind and take the rifle out. I know that bowhunters are a totally different breed.

code3run said:
Took my son out last night for a evening rifle hunt to a spot we have been to before. As were sitting off the side of the trail, a group of about 5 guys with guns come walking back out so we come up and meet them. They said they only seen does and continued walking down the dirt road towards the bottom of hill where our vehs are. We are walking a little distance behind them and its still daylight and the one guy decides to take a few practice shots with his 30-06. We walk behind and pick up his brass he left behind. One of them stops and takes a drink of water and just throws his empty bottle over the edge! What the crap! :mad:

That's such BS. Hard to get in people's faces when they're armed though. That's just more ammo for the tree huggers. Sometimes we hunters deserve our lousy reputation.

D11 is the worst for those type of people. I think they are all from Compton.

Trust me there are people like that in every D Zone and it is sad we have to put up with them. Next weekend here we come for D-16, That is why I do not hunt the opener, to many stupid people with guns in there hands.

Only one I think spoke English..No offense to anyone....But either way, pick up after yourselves and go to the range if you want to target practice. Yea would have been about 10 against 2 not in our favor...I told my kid we will put in for a nice out of state hunt next year like Utah..

I wouldn’t take the rifle hunter comment personally. We all have hunted with a rifle or still do from time to time. Rifle season in D11 is the worst I’ve seen. Much like taking your son to a baseball game. You have these ideas in you head of when you were a kid. ((( The sun slowly rises and you’re on a ridge top with your son on his first opening morning. A little buck fever kicks in when he spots a few deer. ))) But the reality is more like going to a Dogger game and wadding through the A-hole gang bangers getting into a fist fights. It’s just not the same anymore. There are 6 hunters packed into a F150. They walk in groups of 10 or more. They’ll yell across a canyon to their cousin. They shoot anything that moves. They are in blue jeans and T-shirts. They use their scope as binoculars to look at you on the next ridge. They don’t sight in and practice at the range before. They often have AK-47’s and SKS. When you here a shot, you will usually hear 6-7 in a row. My buddy was hunting up there a few years ago and heard a bunch of shots coming from across the canyon and noticed a wounded spike running up his side of the hill. They finally finish it off. 30 minutes later the hunters make it across to find my buddy. He asks are you looking for your deer. They reply “yes”. It’s right over there. You know you shot a spike. Their reply was, “ no, that’s not the one we’s shoot at” . No cell service up there, so there is not much you can do when its 6 AK’s v’s 1 bow.

BuckHunter said:
I wouldn’t take the rifle hunter comment personally. We all have hunted with a rifle or still do from time to time. Rifle season in D11 is the worst I’ve seen. Much like taking your son to a baseball game. You have these ideas in you head of when you were a kid. ((( The sun slowly rises and you’re on a ridge top with your son on his first opening morning. A little buck fever kicks in when he spots a few deer. ))) But the reality is more like going to a Dogger game and wadding through the A-hole gang bangers getting into a fist fights. It’s just not the same anymore. There are 6 hunters packed into a F150. They walk in groups of 10 or more. They’ll yell across a canyon to their cousin. They shoot anything that moves. They are in blue jeans and T-shirts. They use their scope as binoculars to look at you on the next ridge. They don’t sight in and practice at the range before. They often have AK-47’s and SKS. When you here a shot, you will usually hear 6-7 in a row. My buddy was hunting up there a few years ago and heard a bunch of shots coming from across the canyon and noticed a wounded spike running up his side of the hill. They finally finish it off. 30 minutes later the hunters make it across to find my buddy. He asks are you looking for your deer. They reply “yes”. It’s right over there. You know you shot a spike. Their reply was, “ no, that’s not the one we’s shoot at” . No cell service up there, so there is not much you can do when its 6 AK’s v’s 1 bow.

Yep you said it exactly. Same when we went dove hunting. Guys with a gun and a box of shells and thats it: shooting anything that flys. I dont usually rant but had to mention this incident.

It certainly sucks when you bump into folks like that. But I will say that I know more really cool rifle hunters than not. Bad apples are in every hunting discipline. It's unfortunate but true.

I hope your season improves...

We hunted D12(near Colorado river) a few years ago.....same problems exist there, we scouted it a few times and seen some really good bucks and couldn't wait for opening day.

On opening morning there were mobs of hunters everywhere, it was a war zone, 4 to 5 guys riding in the bed of pickups with loaded rifles driving up and down the washes. It was a joke!

The good thing is those type of people are to lazy to hike where I will.

Unfortunately we live in a border state and that's what's happening to all of them. I hate to say it but it's only gonna get worse.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu