Can't get away

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
So i arrived to a spot that I worked the last few times that looks promising where i have not seen anyone..and go figures there is people there doing who knows what and seems like they are going no where. I wait and wait and is getting late..granted is a weekday in the middle of the day.
I wanted to get on the trail incognito but it ain't gonna happen.
How do you cope?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

So i arrived to a spot that I worked the last few times that looks promising where i have not seen anyone..and go figures there is people there doing who knows what and seems like they are going no where. I wait and wait and is getting late..granted is a weekday in the middle of the day.
I wanted to get on the trail incognito but it ain't gonna happen.
How do you cope?

What’s the problem?

Reactions: TRICER
Im trying to avoid going hunting when there is people around. So i try to pick a time when it would be unlikely to find anyone out there.
What is it a holiday today?

What are you hunting? If you are hunting deer you should be to your spot 1 hour before sunrise. If you don’t like people you need to go deeper. Also it’s public land they have just as much of a right to be there as you do.
Why do you need to get on the trail incognito is this not a public land legal hunting area? Just walk in with your gun or bow and get it done.

Im trying to avoid going hunting when there is people around. So i try to pick a time when it would be unlikely to find anyone out there.
What is it a holiday today?

Truduct is right, you should be out before sunrise. However if your schedule is such that you need hunt at other times of day, I’d suggest you keep hiking until you get well beyond other people. Were you the one that posted about being worried people will vandalize your car or something? My suggestion is you forget about that and go hunt. Most of us do not use major hiking trailheads for access. Find some lesser used trails, and walk a minimum of 30 minutes from your car to where you will sit. You have every right to be out there, and so does the rest of the public.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Dude..are hunting on land that is open to hunting? Just cause its public doesnt mean its huntable...tree huggers tend to flock to park lands...jus sayin.

I tried public land hunting ONCE, 98% of Texas hunting land is private. I'm blessed that I have a place to hunt where I don't have to put up with others.

Just stare at them intensely while sharpening your knife... doesn’t always work, but when it does the reactions can be entertaining.

Reactions: Bjankowski
Just stare at them intensely while sharpening your knife... doesn’t always work, but when it does the reactions can be entertaining.
It worked!...they left. lol.

The area is of course open to hunting. I just haven't seen anyone out there until yesterday. It is actually BLM and it doesn't get pressure and there really isn't much to do out there so I was surprised to see some folks out there. I got my gear on and I went....and yes I won the staring contest and took a good look at the license plate just in case. Terrible to think everyone is out to get you but what else is Prius doing in the woods?..lol.

I hike quite a bit to get to the spot so I can get there within a couple of hrs before sunset.

Time to move on to another spot.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu