Carefull out there

Bugsy71

Mar 5, 2017
I was out at s friends Ranch getting use to my new 12, we went for a walk all was clear. We came back on the same trail within ten minutes and she was coiled up rattling a couple feet off the trail.

Last edited:
I hate those . They make my skin crawl. After running across a few mohave green rattlers I always wear my snake boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bugsy71
Usually snakes don't frighten me, this one was s different story.

Last edited:
This one yesterday at Tracy's ranch Steve....A dog went right past and and we believe one of the party stepped on it. Did not rattle...looks better now!

.image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bugsy71
IMG_1574.JPG Saw two while in the field the other day. This one was about to eat a kangaroo rat

Doesn't he know K rats are endangered......lol

ps....He's a red and is protected as well. So, I guess it's OK.....lol

Neither seems endangered in that area. Krats were hopping all over the road for miles. Looked like little ping pong balls lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu