Cars and Rock & Roll

cool cars... hate to see any car rot in a museum however. takes a cars soul when its not taken out and whipped around the street.

I had a 61 ford falcon 2 door, 63 ford ranchero, 65 ford falcon V8, 69 ford mercury cyclone 429 , my brother had a 55 chevy 2 door belair 327, and 69 Plymouth road runner 383
brother in law had a 57 Chevy 2 door belair 327 , and a 69 ford sprint falcon 260 but it was fast, I had one of these for a while.
miss those days of the muscle cars,

Still have my 65 Falcon... one day I’ll fix her up again to terrorize the streets like she used to. Had a small block 302 that pushed over 400 hp in her. Never found the top speed, my feathers came out at 140 mph. Never got a genuine 1/4 mile time either, but she took my buddy’s Camaro that ran low 12’s verified.

I had a 61 ford falcon 2 door, 63 ford ranchero, 65 ford falcon V8, 69 ford mercury cyclone 429 , my brother had a 55 chevy 2 door belair 327, and 69 Plymouth road runner 383
brother in law had a 57 Chevy 2 door belair 327 , and a 69 ford sprint falcon 260 but it was fast, I had one of these for a while.
So my wife and I always told our 2 boys theres no money in Drag Racing unless you have top sponsors . Ya know how everyone wants a job they truly enjoy well they of course did not listen to us and its a good thing cause they both have jobs involving cars and racing!!! They both work for Goodguys Custom Rods and travel the USA going to different Car Shows and NHRA Races both get to drive Custom Rods around too . And yes the wife and I are a little jealous . My oldest son Jason can tune a motor like no tomorrow and has had offers from JFRacing but would have to move to LA or Indy and does not want to do that he currently tunes part time for Justin Ashley . The wife and I are like well they certainly proved us wrong .
Heres some pics of the cars they get to drive along with my son Jason his Wife and 4 kids at Sonoma when Force won . And my youngest Granddaughter Joleen is carrying "The Wally"
They really get to do what they Love .
334DACF2-24A3-4807-85F7-261384632A47.jpegFC448F35-00A9-4B5D-885E-E60EF79F5ECE.jpeg22CDB8A9-83B2-424E-8F36-670C89DA0DF2.jpeg

Last edited:
So my wife ad I always told our 2 boys theres no money in Drag Racing unless you have top sponsors . Ya know how everyone wants a job they truly enjoy well they of course did not listen to us and its a good thing cause they both have jobs involving cars and racing!!! They both work for Goodguys Custom Rods and travel the USA going to different Car Shoes and NHRA Races both get to drive Custom Rods around too . And yes the wife and I are a little jealous . My oldest son Jason can tune a motor like no tomorrow and has had offers from JFRacing but would have to move to LA or Indy and does not want to do that he currently tunes part time for Justin Ashley . The wife and I are like well they certainly proved us wrong .
Hers some pics of the cars they get to drive along with my son Jason his Wife and 4 kids at Sonoma when Force won . And my youngest Granddaughter Joleen is carrying "The Wally"
Steve there has to be a picture of a deer strapped to this thing somewhere. Don’t let me down.

Deer in the Headlights ?????

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Dude, killing me with that 69 camaro pic..... blessed life, good for them!

Yeah they got it good theres even a yellow chevy truck that matches that camaro its lowered and its Sick , the red white and blue Mustang was a raffle prize in 2018 or 17 cant remember which . Steven had to drive it to all the Cars shows across the US got some really cool photos of him at some 4 way stops out in the middle of no where . Lets just say there was an issue of getting a new tire somewhere in the middle of Texas!!! LOL the downside to all this is they both have very high insurance bills .

my first car at age 16 was a 68 camaro rs frakenbuild. solid lifter lt1 #brokealot. how i did not kill myself in that car is mystery for the ages. drum brakes and no seat belts, what could go wrong?

since then i have seen the light and no longer drive GM cars :)
IMG_6166.JPG

Last edited:
my first car at age 16 was a 68 camaro rs frakenbuild. solid cam lt1 #brokealot. how i did not kill myself in that car is mystery for the ages. drum brakes and no seat belts, what could go wrong?

since then i have seen the light and no longer drive GM cars :)
View attachment 44201
I bought a 68 RS project when I was 16 for $1k. Ended up selling it about 10 years later for $5k so I could use the money for my Model A. Wish I never sold it.

Reactions: SDLIVIN
so funny story...
i sold my 68 to a friends dad who was making a 68 396 rs/ss counterfeit car. over the years i lost touch but i had heard he passed away. So before i built my first cobra back in 2003 or so i went to the house he lived in. The car had been almost finished only needed paint and it was a full frame off restoration. NEW everything and it was perfect. I asked his wife if she still had the car and that i would like to buy it back. She gave it away the week before i came by. As in free to a friend who said they wanted it. i sometimes wonder what that car is up to today........ hope its still out there ripping it up

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu