Catalina island..80,s!!

I have heard stories about the goat hunting in Catalina and how much fun it was I wish we still could experience it!

the golden age at cat was amazing 300 bucks and arrows flying all over the place :)

soooooo the conservancy flew around and slaughtered all the pigs and goats. Non Native eradication. Dumb people want to return the island to its natural state... yes the same people live in avalon, its one of the most polluted harbors in north America. ( yes Dr Bill i am talking about you) fucking tools all of them.

Deer hunting is still going on and you can pay to play or do public land. The public requires a doe to be harvested first, then you can kill a buck. They want the deer gone too. The buffalo are in the same boat but its not politically acceptable to slaughter them so they have them on birth control and are waiting them out.

Let us not forget the great merino sheep of Santa Cruz island....again..16 arrows plus......and as many hogs and sheep as one could kill..man those were the days for fo show!!

Matt,

Is this where my Merino socks come from?........................ :clap:

When I was around 13 my dad and two brothers came out to Cal. to visit my brother, The four of them went out to Santa Cruz and all got some sort of sheep. All I remember is the big horns. Like I Said I was young. Merino have big horns????

When I was around 13 my dad and two brothers came out to Cal. to visit my brother, The four of them went out to Santa Cruz and all got some sort of sheep. All I remember is the big horns. Like I Said I was young. Merino have big horns????
See above post of merino ram...pretty big horns...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu