Check Station Reports? How did it go ?

Duckfan

Mar 7, 2015
What’s the good, bad or ugly on the check station process?

I hope all went well. Lots of effort put into it

SJ posted up their average today. Below a 2.0. Which is really surprising.

John

I was being kind. I love SJ. Fun place to hunt. However, I don’t recall seeing an opener there with that low an average. A 2.0 would get my attention but a 1.6 something is a shocker. It will be interesting to see how Wister did. I was close enough to hear the shooting on the North End. Did not see or hear any geese. But, there were some good jags of ducks flying around.

John

Mendota was fine.except the line went all the way past the boat launch. Easily 250 vehicles.crazy long line.

Wister was great. Since only one person from our party could go up & pick a blind, we gave him all our stuff the night before & I got to sleep in more. Works for me.

Still there now but chose sleep in today. Going to chase quail on the way home. Not sure what the average was. I ended up with a pigtail, 2 widgeon, 3 cinnamon, & a gwt.

Mallards were non-existant in our area.

Wister was great. Since only one person from our party could go up & pick a blind, we gave him all our stuff the night before & I got to sleep in more. Works for me.

Still there now but chose sleep in today. Going to chase quail on the way home. Not sure what the average was. I ended up with a pigtail, 2 widgeon, 3 cinnamon, & a gwt.

Good work, Matty.....I love pigtails......lol

You got a pigtail?? Joe’s not going to like the competition!

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Hunted Wister for my first ever waterfowl Hunt. I was able to squeeze out a limit by 10:00.My bag consisted of 5 blue wing, a green wing, and a pintail. Our blind was fairly consistent, with 2 more limits from our group of 4.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu