Lest us not forget the 270winchester Roper!!! My very first rifle. A pre 64 featherweight!!! All around bad medicine for large mammals. . She sadly sits in the gun safe these days....why...I don't know...her little cousin in 25 just seemed to slide on in and take over..like the little whore she is. Damn ..
Big fan of the .270 Win. I shot a custom rifle built by P.O. Ackley himself, for a few years. I killed quite a few big pigs and some deer with it. It always worked when you pulled the trigger. Its bullet of choice was the old Winchester 140 grain Failsafe. But, with all that said, not a choice for me when elk hunting.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.