Chukar down

Cool Taft... Haven't done Chuckar yet... it's on my list along with the Himalayan Snow Cock in Nevada. You guys have Chuckar down there in San Diego county?

8SteelTown said:
Cool Taft... Haven't done Chuckar yet... it's on my list along with the Himalayan Snow wiener in Nevada. You guys have Chuckar down there in San Diego county?

hahahaha... it's NOT a Snow wiener... hahahaha... cheesus cryst, just can't catch a break. Rhymes with Himalayan Snow "Rock"

8SteelTown said:
Cool Taft... Haven't done Chuckar yet... it's on my list along with the Himalayan Snow wiener in Nevada. You guys have Chuckar down there in San Diego county?

I'm a few hours north in kern county

TaftHunter said:
8SteelTown said:

I'm a few hours north in kern county

Ahhh... that makes sense... was wondering why your buddy Cole had posts on IG from Central Cal locations..

8SteelTown said:

No chukar here

Nice job Taft!

We went out Saturday morning, Sunday and Monday at places where chukar and quail always are. It was extremely depressing. We saw very little sign and NO BIRDS. :( These are places that not everyone knows about and have always held chukar and quail. It was a bleak bird hunt. But I did enjoy getting out.

Again, nice job bringing some of those little red-legged devils home. :)

No one knows about your spots til season hits. We used to see no less then 40 chukar during A-zone now were lucky to see that in 3-4 trips..
But we got into a covey of 6 tonight.. Hoping to get a limit this weekend

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu