Cibola NWR

CTR13

Jan 4, 2019
Has anyone here ever hunted Cibola ? Info is scarce and I’m having a hard time reaching their field office.

I tried to Look into that place a few years ago , I had the same experience .

I was given some good advice One Time by Ilovesprig....... all else fails take a drive. Make a day of it learn an area that you've never been to before.

Web site says:

The refuge is experiences erratic telephone service. Calls may go through, but if the automatic voicemail system begins, refuge staff will not currently be able to retrieve those voicemails. If you need to speak with someone, please call back until a live person answers. Office hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Looks like this has gone on for a year!

As said above, time for a drive?

I've never hunted it but have fished it several times and have seen some duck blinds out there. You might be able to call the oxbow campground in Palo Verde for some information.

Web site says:

The refuge is experiences erratic telephone service. Calls may go through, but if the automatic voicemail system begins, refuge staff will not currently be able to retrieve those voicemails. If you need to speak with someone, please call back until a live person answers. Office hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Looks like this has gone on for a year!

As said above, time for a drive?

Yep got some good info on a direct message so I’ll be making a journey to see what’s what. If all else fails second dove season is coming up!

Reactions: Duckfan
I drove out last year and the place was beautiful. The closed zone was especially nice. Unfortunately the duck ponds were dry due to the low river and the hunting in the valley was generally slow for ducks (for us anyway).

You should have been there thirty years ago it was epic then, now not so much..

Typical NWR these days....Beautiful closed zone and barely, if anything to hunt for the public...Most are run by barely above anti hunting status managers with a million excuses...Sonny Bono, Kern, Cibola, and all the way to Montana (Benton) throw a tiny bone to hunting...And as long as no one complains...It will continue.

• Sad
Reactions: Designed2Hunt

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu