Colorado draw success!

Mergrath

Feb 3, 2012
Lakeside, CA
After 5-years of applying, my hunting partner and I cashed in! Colorado Unit 501 First Season Rifle Bull Elk. I've done enough research on this metro unit that I am pumped for the hunt!

I believe that unit is just Northwest of Colorado Springs. Should be a fun hunt!

Congrats. We didn't draw our Colorado tags this year so we'll be looking at the leftovers if we don't draw Idaho.

NBK said:
I believe that unit is just Northwest of Colorado Springs. Should be a fun hunt!

Correct! Unit is smack dab in the middle of Aspen, Breckenridge & Woodland Park. Success rates have been 45-50% the past few years. Should be a lot of wide open glassing due to the 2002 Hayman fire burning a good chunk of the zone. Large zone with few tags available. Hunt dates are Oct. 10th - 14th

My training regimine has been cranked up! ;D

That is a great draw! I am planning on hitting Colo for a season 2 rifle hunt. Good luck on yours.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu