Conquest in the cold

Chadwick

Walk softly and carry a bent stick
Nov 23, 2014
Fairbanks
www.primalbows.com
I called this guy in for a bowhunting client. 45 yds grunting, he got hit in a lung and kept heading straight for me. My client hit him again, and then again.
Broadheads did their work. Then came a ton of back work.
Michael

Attachments

• P1000560.jpg
    P1000560.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
Nice bull.
More details? Alaska? Number of days? What type of camp? Did the meat come back to San Diego? (I've heard that moose tastes great)

Awesome trophy congratulations putting your client on him.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, he wasn't coming in to KICK my a$$, as I was using cow calls. :-* I think I'd prefer to be kicked, though. Northern Alaska moose, 4 brows on one side 3 on the other, several with tips broken off. 57 3/4" wide rack. He went 120 yards after the 3rd shot and lay down in a clearing next to an old oxbow lake. About a 250-yd haul, one quarter at a time, to the boat.

Camp is remote drop-off with a Cessna 206 on floats, nobody else within 70 miles of river. Guided hunt, I'm the grunt guide while the business owner does all the flying and non-hunting details. It took me 3.5 days to drive the boat in from the nearest accessible bridge, so it stays there year-round. (Plus lots of camp gear in snap-ring barrels)

The moose meat is all being processed locally in Alaska, will take until November. It does taste great.

Ya' he was coming in to love on you Mike! Nice job for sure!

NBK said:
Ya' he was coming in to love on you Mike! Nice job for sure!
man that's what I call pressure on the follow up shots! Great job! Moose is delicious.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu