copper ban law

baboltin

Jan 1, 2014
So after reading some of the 2015 big game booklet and it talking about the copper ban on page 9 does that mean that we wont be able to shoot upland game, and doves with lead for the 2015 season ?

You'll be able to shoot dove, quail, and snipe with lead.....Except on refuges & wildlife areas (ie, Wister, San Jacinto, San Felipe, etc.)....Birds on pheasant clubs will be OK.

ilovesprig said:
You'll be able to shoot dove, quail, and snipe with lead.....Except on refuges & wildlife areas (ie, Wister, San Jacinto, San Felipe, etc.)....Birds on pheasant clubs will be OK.

what? where does it say that in the reg's.
Unreal

Ghost

thank you for clearing that up for me . so does that mean after 2019 we will not be able to use lead for upland game ?

After July 1st.......All upland (except birds mentioned originally) will require steel including band-tails, chukar, pheasant, and turkeys.

Ok soooo. I may be slow but to clairfy can I shoot lead at dove in the IV as long as I stay off wister this September Or do I need to start stocking up on lead free for dove opener?

Lead is OK for doves this Sept 1 (or euros year round)........Except on wildlife areas' & refuges.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu