Coronavirus thoughts

ilikedeer2020

Mar 3, 2020
Coronavirus is getting scary, some say it's worse than the Ebola outbreak and I believe them, here in Calgary my family is stocking up on food and N95 masks if God forbid someone in the family becomes Infected. We were thinking of building a containment room for the outbreak if someone gets it. Costco was a warzone this morning, the line up to get in stretched halfway across the parking lot! So as for superstore and Walmart. My recommendations are stock up on food,water and masks. Don't let your children go to school or any after school activities. My school is shutting down slowey, basketball,soccer,dodgeball and other sports have been shut down. And just recently they closed the school down for a couple weeks, it wouldn't be suprising if they were to shut down "school" completely. But these are just my thoughts and recommendations about the outbreak. Everyone reacted and reacts differently, some are getting aggressive and some like my family are quarantining themselves for the safety of everyone.
3794c99010702abbb19572c546304b1b.jpg
07f6fb42d9068a4e824111736d74a401.jpg
4cf851e7d32973ccc6291cdd213e618c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

An other thought.
Can't buy disinfecting products at grocery store.
Buy the highest alcohol content at the pharmacy. Get a ¢99 spray bottle.
Use alcohol to disinfect counter top,
Or whatever. It kills bugs.
Just have enough backup for medical treatment.

If you haven't done so yet.
Start planting a vegetable garden.
Grow tomatoes, squash, green onion, potatoes. And more. Even if it has to be
In doors. Start now.
I really like radish. And fresh tomatoes.
Don't forget the cilantro.
To make salsa.

Here's a nice receipe .
Stir fry
Cut zucchini, small squares
Corn
Cheese
Corn tortillas. Warmed

Salsa your style.

Kids in your age demographic statically at this point only have a 1 in 500 fatality rate. Your concern is realistically mitigating risk to the elderly or those with existing health issues.

Kids in your age demographic statically at this point only have a 1 in 500 fatality rate. Your concern is realistically mitigating risk to the elderly or those with existing health issues.
The problem is in the websites they tell you how many people died and how many are infected but they don't say how old or what physical health issues they have.
But I agree, I don't think I'll die that easily!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Newsom wants us to stay home. A few of us are heading to Seligman for a prairie dog hunt. Never hurts to improve your marksmanship .

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Unfortunately, the most recent data coming from countries outside of China (especially Italy) suggests that younger healthy people are more at risk than we previously thought. See this summary from a statistician friend of mine, who has been analyzing all of the epidemiological data to compute odds of hospitalization and death for different categories of people. He is non-partisan, Harvard trained, and has produced analysis for both the Trump and Obama administrations.

Its a long read, but provides a good (but technical) overview. Scroll down to the bottom to see discussion of younger skew of deaths in recent data.

Newsom wants us to stay home. A few of us are heading to Seligman for a prairie dog hunt. Never hurts to improve your marksmanship .
And while in Seligman you can drop into The Road Kill Cafe. Love that place.

Governor Newsom has told me to stay home (over 65)….Think I'll go fishin' or huntin'
If that idiot wants us to stay home maybe he shouldn't of introduced that stupid ammo law which bans online sales and forces us all to stand in line together waiting for stupid background checks. The law is a public health hazard now.

Kids, the elder and the ones with lower immune systems seem to be at higher risk. I certainly don't believe there is a reason to panic but common sense dictates to take more precautions than you would with a common cold.

The problem is the behavior of people who panic is affecting all others. Sure, if the kids have to stay home and folks have to work from home, it makes sense to buy more supplies. But some folks are going bunkers buying as much stuff as they can.

Hopefully, the number of cases does not increase and people relax a little. If not, we could have a problem. Groceries and essentials could be less and less available.

I am choosing to stay away from crowds not because I fear I could die from it but because I don't want to pass it to others. That's the point, if you get it you could pass it before you even know you got it.

preparedness should be a way of life, not just in a pandemic, EG get laid off from work, get furloughed due to the economy, get injured, or more.
having a little extra for the unexpected,
back in the 90's I ran into bit of trouble because the end Russian Communist, berlin wall came down.
I was out of work for 6 months because of my line of work. Money reserves went low, Instead of going to Football, Baseball Games I saw it.
I purchased xtra food a little each shopping trip. ordered Bags of Beans and Rice. Plenty of wild Fresh & Salt water fish, People thought I was crazy.
but it saved our butts, did side jobs to keep us afloat and kept a roof over our heads. Plus had a Vegetable Garden.
This will Pass Keep cool heads, and use common sense.
I choose to quarantine our self's until this blows over.
stick will local stores till then..

Aw man... you guys have no idea how bad I wish it was Summer and 90F degrees right now so I could stop having the wheezing and the continued urge to cough!

Ugh.. man when I went out to make sets for predators y'day there was one spot where I was trying to pioneer thru the chaparral because the little opened-up area I wanted to get to was very nearby if I went in a direct line. And this is something I've typically done before. You know, weave your way thru 'em and occasionally have to bust thru the Greasewoods sometimes. But oh man... y'day? It's like I had no spark plugs. Real quick getting sapped for energy since oxygenation is soo low right now, since can't take-in nice full deep breaths. I eventually had to say screw-this and back out the way I'd came in and instead do the long roundabout path around the perimeter of all that chaparral to get to that spot I wanted to go to.

Soo sick of this... having the 24/7 constant urge to cough, quite literally for months on end! Damn.. It's like getting pinned against the ropes with Tyson hammering your rib cage. The way the coughing both takes it out of ya and makes the abs and intercostals sore. My vocal chords in a constant state of being blown out (although I'm sure everybody's likin' that part)

And the only way to get some break from the urge to cough is either the Codeine Syrup, the Benzotate capsules, or Coughdrops with Menthol, or a Camphor Vaporizer. Ugh... the level of Acid Reflux with all this BS... man... I could melt the rust off a rusted Chrome Trailer Hitch with the reflux.

EDIT: It's times like this where I get really mad at the smoking habits of Parents. I remember when the Moms remarried, they both smoked, and when they'd have some neighbor friends over and the adults all got to shooting the breeze and smoking... the ceiling would start to fill-in downward with cigarette smoke that would hang in the air. When somebody would get up out of their chair to walk to the kitchen or whatever, they would cut a wake thru that"sea" of cigarette smoke. F**kers.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu