Cotton tail hunting with Air rifle

Hotchkiss

Oct 19, 2011
Anaheim
Hi Guys,

Haven't do much of hunting since Quail season off. Had a friend who own an orange farm that having Rabbit and squirrel problem. So I checked the area and it is right on the edge of Riverside City limit which means I might get in trouble if I fire my shotgun in the area. So I decide to bring my Benjamin XL 1100 air rifle and see what I can do for her. Went out couple of Saturday morning and shot some squirrels but rabbits were smarter than I think. So I went Friday evening right after work to see what happened. Get there by 4:00 and begin to walk around. Saw couple of them right under the orange tree and took my shot. in 10 mins I got 2 down and the rest just jump and running for life ;D
Before the sunset me and my friend Tom managed to get another three and call it a day around 8PM. It was fun and got to cook some fresh meat of rabbit dinner to share with kids. Will go out again soon hope will do better next trip.
IMAG4758.jpg
Where the squirrels are hiding
IMAG4762.jpg
our 5 cotton tails and my friend Tom
IMAG5129.jpg
IMAG5132.jpg
Beautiful sunset on Friday the 13th
IMAG5123.jpg
Our rabbit dinner and fresh caught sanddads plate.
IMAG5136.jpg

Ken

Re: Cotten tail hunting with Air rifle

Nice work . That's a hell of a scope for an air gun. Lights out bunny's!

Thanks for sharing. Great pics. The dinner looked great too.

Nice rabbits i used to hunt with a pellet gun but i stoped because to many rabbits got away wounded sounds like you have dad better luck go smoke em again

Nice pics and nice shooting! I take my .22 cal Benjamin nitro piston out for rabbit aswell. Nice clean head shots and no buckshot! Thanks for sharing

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu