COUCH POTATOES

I am learning to shoot longer distance so I don't have to hike as far! ;D ;D ;D

i started taking the family for kikes, and jumping on the tredmill with my pack at an incline! only drinking 3 beers instead of the whole 6 pack lol

NBK does have a fine approach. However you still need to be able to hike to the animal after the shot.

"If you can shoot across a canyon you better be able to hike the canyon"

That is what hunting buddies like you are for...keep up those exercises! one two, one two, one two ;D

Hnting buddies are good but i have a two strapping teenage boys to pack it out lol they just dont know it yet ;D

I'v been:

-Shooting 5-7 days a week
-Working my core (P90x or insanity) twice a week
-Hiking Cowles or Viejas mountain 1-2 times a week
-If I miss one of the above I will usually hit the stairmaster at the gym along with circuit training

When I drink, its Jack and Coke Zero. My diet is heavily paleo based. I've lost 32lbs over the past two years and plan to keep it off!

Crazy to think that my hunting partner puts my routine to shame! :eek:

I'm eating ice cream daily, putting a dent in my sofa after work, and performing the occasional 12 oz curls. Speaking about training I gotta go the mountains just turned blue and it's time to do some lifting.

"Crazy to think that my hunting partner puts my routine to shame!"

Who..... ME??

Well, A-22 ends Dec 31 so Jan 1 the training starts for me.

I mix it up but I normally do one or two of these a day, 5-6 days a week.

-Run/ walk up Cowles and Pyles for time. When it gets closer to the season I start carrying 40-80lbs up it.
-a few rounds of P90X
-Run
-Play on stairs (again with a heavy pack)
-ride my bike

And in the past 3 months I have finally gotten serious about fitness and started Crossfit. Crossfit is the best workout i have even done. Everytime I leave that gym I want to die.

My signature line below says it all..........

Randomshot said:
I'm eating ice cream daily, putting a dent in my sofa after work, and performing the occasional 12 oz curls. Speaking about training I gotta go the mountains just turned blue and it's time to do some lifting.

LMAO

I will start my training going downhill the next couple weeks and then I'll play it by ear from there hahaha....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu