Cougar attack kills bike rider

Wow earily similar to an attack here in the OC a few years ago. Mountain biker killed, then a second biker attacked and dragged down a ravine. The second victims friend was literally doing tug of war with the cat. The victims friend somehow won and second victim survived. Godspeed to the guy in Washington. So sad for the family of the other.

Mike has said this so very well, I have followed him for many years and cannot agree more with his words. I married a woman in the latter years of my life who put her kids through scouting hands on and I can say first hand it made them great humans with good intentions and one of them has gone on to a life of service for his country that put's him at great risk to protect the rest of of us. I am approaching the twilight years of my life (Hopefully not too soon) and it just confirms the lesson's I learned when I was young through my parents leadership (my father was career military) and advice. I fear for this country and how the next generation will manage what they have been given and how they respond and reach out to help the rest of the world. Sadly I feel like American society is just not putting the proper priorities in place for this nation to progress as we have in the past. Society is just not looking at what is important anymore in my opinion....

one report I read said the lion had the body up on a tree.

one report I read said the lion had the body up on a tree.

I read that too. Crazy strong to get a full-grown man up a tree. I read the first guy attacked got away and rode his bike to get help, leaving his friend, who the cougar turned on. I don't know.......I hope if it was me, my hiking (or bicycling) partner would stay and fight it out with me.

What I just heard was the 1st guy that was attacked was basically saved by his partner....The 2nd guy was hurt bad. So, 1st guy went to get help because the cat had run off.....The cat then came back and finished the job on the 2nd guy.

Bad deal, no matter what....Surprised it hasn't happened here more often with kids.....Heise Park and surrounding area is loaded with them (pic).....Kids unattended, all the time there.

.julian 8-4-15.jpeg

Reactions: Goyaałé

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu