Couple quail

OCOutdoors

Oct 3, 2012
My wife wanted to go visit my cousin in Menifee today so I figured I would take my rifle and shotgun and maybe hit a couple stands for coyote. Wife wasn't interested in the hunting but my little boy was and my wife was willing to sit in the truck while we tried. We got to our first stand and nothing came in. I wasn't really expecting much as my boy wouldn't sit still or keep quite, he kept saying he needed to get higher to get a better look, so after about 15mins we walked back to the truck.
That ended up being the only stand because on our way to the next area I wanted to call I noticed some quail on a rock so switched gears and grabbed the shotgun. I was going to leave both my wife and boy in the truck so I could get to them quicker but my boy kept begging me so I figured why not. The quail had already runnoff by the time I got to the rock I seen them but I was able to kick a couple up and connect on the shots. 3shots/2birds, my boy was super stoked and couldn't wait to show mom the birds. I got bout 30mins of hunting in today but it was a great time, the last two coyote hunts have turned into quail hunts and I haven't killed a dog in awhile.
photo_zps725bdb93.jpg

Nice job! Hard huntin up here in Menifee. That's a good spot. Haven't seen a yote there for quite a while. Nice job. Your boy looks way stoked.

Your boy is already addicted ! He looks sooo stoked !

Good job

Thanks guys!! My boy was way stoked and wanted to keep hunting but we had to get going :'(
8Steal- my buddy shot 2 dogs there a couple weeks ago. Last time I hunted it(before summer) my older boy and I both shot 1ea and had 2 others coming in that we missed.

OCOutdoors said:
Thanks guys!! My boy was way stoked and wanted to keep hunting but we had to get going :'(
8Steal- my buddy shot 2 dogs there a couple weeks ago. Last time I hunted it(before summer) my older boy and I both shot 1ea and had 2 others coming in that we missed.

Nice dude! I just must be the worst dog hunter in the f'n world. Dang.

Sounds like a fun trip. Can't wait until my son gets old enough. He's 3 and already talking about going hunting with Dad when he "gets big"

8Steel-it is getting tougher, like I said, haven't killed a coyote the last three times out when before I was killing one every time out.

Hallx7- your boy is plenty big enough, this I probably my favorite hunting pic of my boy. He was so proud of this dog. He was only 3 and even now doesn't like the noise but he stayed back about 30yrds from me while I snuck up for a shot at this one. Now I always carry Monster Jam ear muffs for him. ;D
photo2-2.jpg

OCOutdoors said:
8Steel-it is getting tougher, like I said, haven't killed a coyote the last three times out when before I was killing one every time out.

Good for you bro! Can't wait till my little buddy can hunt with me... very cool. Next time your up in the Menifee area, hit me up if you want to go out for a hunt.

Next time your up in the Menifee area, hit me up if you want to go out for a hunt.

That actually crossed my mind while I was driving out as I remember you saying you lived that way but I was already on my way and technically I wasn't supposed to be hunting.

OCOutdoors said:
Next time your up in the Menifee area, hit me up if you want to go out for a hunt.

That actually crossed my mind while I was driving out as I remember you saying you lived that way but I was already on my way and technically I wasn't supposed to be hunting.

No problem OCO.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu