Coyote barking at me.

MarceloF

Jun 2, 2017
Cool experience today.

I was out at a place near my house with the idea of sitting until dark. I've seen a lot of deer last year but mostly does.
After a couple of hrs I got bored and decided to try to call a coyote. I started blowing kisses and 5 minutes later I see two coyotes at 95 yard form me on the opposite
hill. I was sitting in some high grass and the sun and wind was in my favor.
They saw me but could not figure out what I was and started barking at me.
The stayed there for a few minutes then moved away and barked a few more times as they moved on.

That barking they were doing means they know you are there. It’s a warning bark.
They were looking right at me but could not figure out what I was... I was low in the grass and they couldn't go downwind from me. one of them was mostly sitting and starring and the other one kept moving/pacing around until he could not stand anymore and started barking.
It was fun messing with them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu