Crawfish

Thwacker

Sep 11, 2014
Ok guys, I might have a good one here, I want to do a crawfish boil for my family and I'm having trouble finding live crawfish to buy online ( maybe 20 pounds) I guess it's not the season. Does anyone know where to find some?

If you're in San Diego, try the Asian markets like 99 Ranch, Vien Dong, or Lucky Seafood. I've seen live tank ones at 99 before. Otherwise the ones at the grocery will be frozen/cooked already. Or u could go to Crab Hut, buy a couple pounds of the ready made, and tell em u made it lol.

Haha I guess I could do that but does that mean I will miss out on a few beers while I should be cooking them

My brother in law buys them from a company in Louisiana, they show up in large bags alive and ready to boil. I'll find out what the company is called

Thanks guys I appreciate it, sprig I grazed thru the link and will look into them closer,
Brandon I don't live close to sd but which I knew of a place close to where I lived to catch some, the closest I've come to dads is asain markets but they are frozen

cajun grocer online

Asian market in Huntington Beach/Westminster has them all the time

I get them quite often

Thanks capt
And they always have live ones? Is there any market you like best? I just went to winco and they have frozen

There is a Cajun place by my shop called....Mardi Gras...It is in Spring Valley off Jamaca. I eat there all the time they sell 5lb bags of crawfish for $30 done it a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one I always go to is the Westminster Superstore
Its on Beach and Gothard

I was there Sunday and they had Blue Crabs but not Crawfish, they said next week... then again that was in Vietnamese so it may have been like a mexican mañana

The head on shrimp are great though and super cheap... 4.99 a pound and they are 25-30's i believe? maybe a side bigger

Cool capt thanks I'm working in that area so I'm going to check them out.
However I have a question don't gothard and beach both run north and south? Or do they intersect at some point?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu