Crazy jakes

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
After bagging my Tom, I helped a friend of mine to try and bag a long beard. Instead we got these two clowns that hung out with us for three hours humping the crap out if the dekes.

http://youtu.be/GGPmAKI5KQg

Its that time of year...., If you can bare it let the jake's go, there're dumb, you'll have a better harvest next year and maybe a trophy bird . a good friend of mine hunted private land last week and shot a monster (21 lbs,9 1/2 beard and 1,1/8 spurs.

P.S. he's 80 +years old !

Exactly, this year we had club members limit out all on jakes and so we're trying to get the club to put a limit to one jake per member so that we have more mature birds. Luckily the county had a outstanding hatch last spring so there are tons of jakes out there. It's best to leave the jakes for first timers and youth hunters. Although I usually like to take one jake every year because they taste much better.

These jakes on the video hung out for ever and even at 4pm we were trying to figure out how to sneak away. Oh and did I mention we had to disinfect the decoys... ;D

This is from the San Diego bird last year

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Snake Charmer said:
That's a trophy spur, right in there with a thirty inch muley ! details please...

I didn't shoot that bird I did see it alive. He was a monster it never hit a scale. My friend has a full body mount of a 26 pounder(also local)and this bird was bigger. The guy that shot it didn't care about feathers beard or any of that he was throwing away the legs I took one and it now holds my keys. It was on public land local.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu