Crow Hunting

My first call I ever purchased was a wooden crow call from Big 5. I was a kid and I would blow that thing in my neighborhood while riding my bike and I would have a whole flock (yes, I know, murder) of crows following me on my bike. It was insane. The crow call works very well. Still have that call. I've shot plenty of crow as a kid via my pellet gun and shotgun on my dad's farm. Never ate them though. Never will. Pigeon on the other hand is delish! I've watched crows take out baby chicks and eggs from nests in my dad's backyard. He used to dust them with a pellet gun. Happy hunting.

Very cool. I miss the good ol days of killin with my 10 pump BB gun!

Turns out that ALL of the birds in my hunting areas are ravens. Those things will come within feet of you if you have a raven call barkin on the FoxPro (or so I've heard).

SluiceCoot said:
My first call I ever purchased was a wooden crow call from Big 5. I was a kid and I would blow that thing in my neighborhood while riding my bike and I would have a whole flock (yes, I know, murder) of crows following me on my bike. It was insane. The crow call works very well. Still have that call. I've shot plenty of crow as a kid via my pellet gun and shotgun on my dad's farm. Never ate them though. Never will. Pigeon on the other hand is delish! I've watched crows take out baby chicks and eggs from nests in my dad's backyard. He used to dust them with a pellet gun. Happy hunting.
Haha I still have that same call too. I keep it in my vest during turkey season and try it when things get slow although haven't gotten any gobbles with it. The most awesome thing I ever saw was a redtailed hawk that destroyed a crow in front of his crow buddies in my parents avocado orchard growing up. I hate crows.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu