Crowley

A lot of ducks in the owens valley but probably one of the hardest places to hunt successfully. Crowley will hold a lot of ducks before it freezes but there’s no cover around the lake and when you shoot once they will just go out in the middle and raft all day. It actually gets hunted pretty hard by the locals. The upper owens has ducks on it too but the only way to jump them is to belly crawl through the snow and hope they didn’t float around the bend by the time you get to them. It’s a fun place to hunt but don’t expect to kill a lot of ducks

I’m in it for the challenge and to hunt a new area. Looking forward to getting eyes on it soon. We have snowmobiles, SxS with tracks and a snowcat. Looking forward to some adventure up there.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Word for the wise - find some of us locals before you come up and try to make some hunting friends around here. Lots of good spots ruined due to pressure from tourist hunters who use google maps to find their spots. Make some friends, buy us some beers at the bar, and you're much more likely to have some of those "banner" hunts.

Oh and pick ups your damn shells!!! Frustrating to be fishing the spring and still find dozens of shells lying around all of our waterways.

Reactions: CLarson757
Word for the wise - find some of us locals before you come up and try to make some hunting friends around here. Lots of good spots ruined due to pressure from tourist hunters who use google maps to find their spots. Make some friends, buy us some beers at the bar, and you're much more likely to have some of those "banner" hunts.

Oh and pick ups your damn shells!!! Frustrating to be fishing the spring and still find dozens of shells lying around all of our waterways.
You want me to buy you drinks and haven’t even asked my name. Chivalry is dead.

Don’t worry, I won’t take your honey hole. I’m always looking for hunting friends if you’re open to it. I make the best bbq you’ll ever eat also if that’s anything you’re interested in.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
You want me to buy you drinks and haven’t even asked my name. Chivalry is dead.

Don’t worry, I won’t take your honey hole. I’m always looking for hunting friends if you’re open to it. I make the best bbq you’ll ever eat also if that’s anything you’re interested in.
Shoot me a pm if you're in the area. Minus the highway shutting down had some epic days last winter. A few bands in the mix too.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu