Custom Knife

I have a Ken Onion Work Sharp belt sharpener because it is easy and gets knives sharp. Important to use it correctly though.

I used a Gatco for years and they are very good but it takes time, patience and a little skill.

These are pretty amazing:
Wicked Edge

About six months or so ago, I picked up an EdgePro Apex. It takes a little practice but once you get the hang of it, you’ll get some seriously sharp blades.
Tried the belt sharpener route too, and they can easily remove too much metal, particularly on the tips.
The Apex will sharpen anything from Japanese kitchen knives to axe blades. It’s pretty versatile

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu