D-14

The area above Jenks Lake is very crowded. Any buck that grows old in that area probably heads to the high, steep country not long after opening day, if not before. Eventually I’ll head way up in the wilderness and see if my theory is correct. I’ll probably need to learn how to backpack though, or start hiking real early in the am.
It's worth a good shot but there's also the area above heart Bar Campground. Drove through there with the family last weekend. The burned areas are definitely turning green. Definitely would be one hell of a hike to the upper canyou. I think a lot of guys would look how steep and rugged it is and would not even venture past the tailgate of their truck. If I didn't have a broken leg I'd be looking at it

Not legal. Must be properly tagged, which means you must have taken it legally. Different than collecting sheds, which are fair game, unless you're in an area that prohibits shed collecting (like some state parks).
Thats interesting, so this applies to heads found while hiking around not just roadkill? I’ve heard in other states you have to call the warden first so he can confirm it wasn’t a poaching case and then you’re good to go.

It's worth a good shot but there's also the area above heart Bar Campground. Drove through there with the family last weekend. The burned areas are definitely turning green. Definitely would be one hell of a hike to the upper canyou. I think a lot of guys would look how steep and rugged it is and would not even venture past the tailgate of their truck. If I didn't have a broken leg I'd be looking at it
That’s where I was looking into looks like a 2-3 day back packing trip to make it worth it.

Make sure to get your permits for the wilderness areas. They do give tickets.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu