D 15 local

FuryFrank

Oct 15, 2018
Hey Guys Newbie to this Site. The CNF trabuco ranger district is were I learned how to Hunt. I'm in the Temscal Valley so it's pretty much my backyard. I've Been Hunting this area for 4 years with never having success with Deer I always spotted them out of season and was on them hoping that this year it would happen. Due to the Holy Fire I was challenge to scout new areas. I scouted Bedford Canyon very steep terrain on one side of the canyon heavy Brush other side ok up to a certain point Spotted some Deers far out. I also scouted nonstop San Mateo wilderness from the teneja trails fishermans trail to bluewater canyon San Mateo trail. And I never saw a Deer...ever lol. Seen many tracks droppings. Then I finally found a Honey Hole..I couldn't believe it. Just as the sun was setting what do I see a 2x3 with a Doe an another Doe bout 25 yards behind. This had me stoked and I didn't shot for certain reasons.But I was content with that after all these years I think this Zone it's going to happen.

Hey Guys Newbie to this Site. The CNF trabuco ranger district is were I learned how to Hunt. I'm in the Temscal Valley so it's pretty much my backyard. I've Been Hunting this area for 4 years with never having success with Deer I always spotted them out of season and was on them hoping that this year it would happen. Due to the Holy Fire I was challenge to scout new areas. I scouted Bedford Canyon very steep terrain on one side of the canyon heavy Brush other side ok up to a certain point Spotted some Deers far out. I also scouted nonstop San Mateo wilderness from the teneja trails fishermans trail to bluewater canyon San Mateo trail. And I never saw a Deer...ever lol. Seen many tracks droppings. Then I finally found a Honey Hole..I couldn't believe it. Just as the sun was setting what do I see a 2x3 with a Doe an another Doe bout 25 yards behind. This had me stoked and I didn't shot for certain reasons.But I was content with that after all these years I think this Zone it's going to happen.

Welcome to SCH and good luck - hopefully you make it happen this year. Looking forward to some pics if you do. I also live in the Trabuco ranger district and have done some heavy scouting in both those areas in the past and it's definitely some challenging hunting.

Reactions: FuryFrank

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu