D-16 Poaching Help Requested

I own property in North sd county If you feel comfortable giving me a location I will put it out to my neighborhood and see if we can end this in the right way.
Let me ask the owner how many details he wants to give out and I’ll get back to you. Thanks

There is also another option if you prefer not to be identified - Cal Tip poaching hotline 1 (888) 334-2258. You can remain anonymous and possibly be awarded $$ for a conviction...

It looks like it. He might have shot it up hill next to this property on an adjacent owners property who is old and absentee but dragged it down into this property. Or there is a steep ravine with brush in it where the guts could have been dumped. Either way it’s poaching. I didn’t have time to to look for a shell or guts but I will try to find it. Straight back is very thick and I’m betting that this guy saw the deer in open view. We didn’t find the pic on the camera for 48 hours and I’ve had gut pile disappear completely that fast. We’ve got a very large lion living in our midst and a pack of coyotes...

Last edited:
This guy got lucky in a lot of respects - usually that owner is there on the weekend or I am and neither of us were around

Reactions: socalhntr
Is there public land anywhere around? Possible that he shot it on public and closest place to a road was that driveway? Not saying rigit's right, just curious. .

Is there public land anywhere around? Possible that he shot it on public and closest place to a road was that driveway? Not saying rigit's right, just curious. .
No way to get to public except a long way through private

You may have blew it by posting this. You might have just tipped him off that your looking for him, If you just keep cool and wait he probably would have posted up some where unsuspecting.

Last edited:
You may have blew it by posting this. You might have just tipped him off that your looking for him, If you just keep cool and wait he probably would have posted up some where unsuspecting.

I did think about that. that is why I waited several days. I could have posted it on Monday. There is also a risk that the longer you wait, the harder it gets to put other things together. For instance I also checked all the area butcher shops for the deer and they may have already been there this week. Memories get dimmer with time

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible man
I did think about that. that is why I waited several days. I could have posted it on Monday. There is also a risk that the longer you wait, the harder it gets to put other things together. For instance I also checked all the area butcher shops for the deer and they may have already been there this week. Memories get dimmer with time
ANYTHING new on this ???

ANYTHING new on this ???

Nothing new. I’ve done what I can with it. I’d bet someone who’s seen the picture knows him. Maybe he’s seen it? My hope is that if nothing else comes of it that he won’t do it again. And for others that are tempted, all I can say is that there are cameras on pretty much every private property now to keep the less-than-honest, honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgan1776

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu