D11 10/17/2015

jaymz

Sep 6, 2014
San Bernardino
Got to my spot just before 6 in the morning. As soon as I got a bit of light, I decided to glass a bit before heading off to a better vantage point than where the truck was parked. Spotted a doe walking up a trail within minutes. I watched her until she went around a bend, then I hustled about 100' away from the truck to a small hill so that I could glass the area she came from. About 20 minutes later, this buck comes moseying around the bend at about 60 yards. I lost sight of him in the brush as set down my glass to shoulder my rifle. About two minutes later, he popped his head up from some bushes 15 yards directly in front of me. Wasn't thrilled about having to shoot him square in the chest facing me, but he was gonna be gone if not, so I fired and he dropped straight to the ground. I've never been so lucky to harvest a buck and only have to walk a total of about 30yds from truck to buck and back.

28391-231015155044.jpeg

Jay,

My kind of deer hunt.....lol......Very nice buck and I've always liked being lucky and good...... ;)

LOL......... That's how it goes sometimes. You were smart to know there was a good chance there was a buck behind her.

Nice size buck too.

You happen to drive a red dakota? I saw a forky that size stickin out of the bed of one on Saturday in d11

Congrats either way

cant beat a short drag, I wasn't lucky enough to have a short drag this year but that's part of the game! nice tall buck congrats .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu