D11/A31 update

ultimatedude

Aug 9, 2012
Burbank
hunted the angeles crest for the opener..went to a nice little spot i found last year...sat morning had 5 does come in at around 8:30...all within 25 yrds...noticed they where all looking up at something behind me but i didn`t want to turn my head and spook them...maybe it was a buck,guess i will never know...saw nothing in the evening hunt up near chilao...this morning had two does come behind me at 7:30..again no bucks...onward to next week.....

Re: d11 archery opener update

Way to get out there UD! Sounds like you have a good/active area.

Thanks for the update...

Nothing in my neck of the woods - deer anyway. One 'yote (just out of range) and a handful of dove.

Cool update, we saw 5 bucks 6 does opening day and 1 buck today. None of them wanted to make an appearance on SCH yet ;)

gteam said:
Cool update, we saw 5 bucks 6 does opening day and 1 buck today. None of them wanted to make an appearance on SCH yet ;)

Stick one!!

back from the hunt....went to the same spot as last week and had does coming in from all directions thru out the day...no bucks again...hopefully when the rut kicks in there will be some bucks behind all the does....!! gonna let the spot rest and not hunt it tomorrow...feelin pretty good about this year.....keepin my fingers crossed...!!!

Awesome report UD! I am feeling pretty good about your spot too! ;D

It's just a matter of time...

ultimatedude said:
back from the hunt....went to the same spot as last week and had does coming in from all directions thru out the day...no bucks again...hopefully when the rut kicks in there will be some bucks behind all the does....!! gonna let the spot rest and not hunt it tomorrow...feelin pretty good about this year.....keepin my fingers crossed...!!!

Oh yeah. Make sure you have those does patterned out, Something will be following! Hopefully we get some dang weather though.. I wanna see you D11 boys post up some pics!

another D11/A31 update....the past few weeks i have been seeing alot of does...no bucks...went out on the rifle opener and saw 3 does.....guess i am waiting for the rut to kick in...also wondering if the moon phase has anything to do with seeing no bucks..????

Re: D11/A31 archery opener update

Im sure the bucks are doing their typical early season thing, all bachelor'd up. I personally love later end of the season. The hunters dwindle and the deer start to mingle. Give it time.

just got back from another d11 hunt..this time i hunted the area..got to a nice high area to glass at the crack of dawn...only thing i saw during the three hour sit was another hunter..after that went and sat at the spot where i have been seeing alot of does and saw nothing again...bummer......lets see what happens this weekend...!!

back from this mornings hunt in d11......went to a spot where i have been seeing alot of does.....ended up bird watching....nothing came by....only 2 weeks left ....where are the freaking BUCKS....!!!!???? til next week ...carry on....

Way to stay with it Ultimate!

went out to D11 thursday morning to check out a new spot that a friend saw a few bucks running last week...got there at daylight and got to high grounds and started glassing.....at around 11:30 i spotted a deer about 400yds, looked harder and it was a nice big forky..by the time a got the rifle up the deer walked into the thickets..i waited awhile for him to come out but he never did...sooo i decided to go after him...i hiked down to where i thought he might be and snooped around...alot of thick brush and poodle dog everywhere...got to vantage points and still no buck...ended up givin up on him for the day...now i am covered in rash from head to toe..i thought i kept away from the PDB but i guess not....itching all over and ended up at the doctors today ...hope it goes away fast.....till my next report...happy hunting and say away from the PDB...!!!!

Bummer. I was in thick poison oak last week in the creek bottom, but kept covered and then put everything through the wash when I got home. Got away Scott free. Lucky.

Poodle brush is a bitch! After the fire that stuff exploded. Have you thought about using a tree stand or ground blind.

Hint hint

OK, you got me........ ;D........After 66 years of hunting in SoCal. I've never heard of "Poodle Brush"........Nickname for poison oak or stinging nettle?

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/angeles/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5318308

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu