D15 Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRE FIRE FIRE

Big time... Obligatory disclaimer that obviously I don't want to see any CALFIRE boys get hurt or structures lost but if it were to jump the ridgeline south along the bellview trail there's a lot of area in that drainage west of los pinos peak trail that could use a good burn...

IMG_6475.JPG

Taken as of 9pm on my way home from work at Chiquita and los patrones, active areas appear to be bell view ridge trail on the southern edge, Santiago peak (shown in the center) and the lower elevation shown on the left which I assume is north side of Trabuco creek drainave.. no vis from this vantage deeper into the drainage but assume that’s cooking

IMG_6480.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on the evac line

View attachment 62921

Lots of fuel, this is what its heading into right now. What do you think 3-5 year closure.

View attachment 62922

Taken as of 9pm on my way home from work at Chiquita and los patrones, active areas appear to be bell view ridge trail on the southern edge, Santiago peak (shown in the center) and the lower elevation shown on the left which I assume is north side of Trabuco creek drainave.. no vis from this vantage deeper into the drainage but assume that’s cooking

View attachment 62933

This will be my first year hunting D15. Had a good spot picked out so I’m hoping it doesn’t get destroyed. How has the forest service handled closures and hunting season in the past after a season like this?

This will be my first year hunting D15. Had a good spot picked out so I’m hoping it doesn’t get destroyed. How has the forest service handled closures and hunting season in the past after a season like this?
Time to start looking for a new spot if it's any where close to the burn. Here's the closure map from the 2018 Holy fire which burned the same general area. The area in yellow stayed closed from 2018 through 2021.

Attachments

• fseprd595922-3.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: LoganClark2000
Time to start looking for a new spot if it's any where close to the burn. Here's the closure map from the 2018 Holy fire which burned the same general area. The area in yellow stayed closed from 2018 through 2021.
as of right now the spot is 5 miles away and opposite direction of the wind is blowing so I’m crossing my fingers. Just hoping they don’t shut down the area if it gets close to the spot.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu