D15 Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRE FIRE FIRE

We used to joke about how a good fire would do milllions of dollars in improvement to the town of Lake Elsinore. Not so funny when it becomes real and people suffer.

So far the Candy Store is safe, but Hells Kitchen is in trouble.

Have they closed the entire zone in the past due to fires? I Did most of my scouting in D15 where it didn’t get burned so I’m trying to figure out if I should look into another zone or see if exchanging a tag is possible in the event they close it.

I mean they basically just closed down 75% of D-14 (SBNF) through Nov 30 for the Line Fire.

I would bet they shut down everything from Ortega Hwy north to Maple Springs truck trail at a minimum.

The season (archery) has already begun so there's no exchanging your tag. However, your D-15 tag is also valid in units D-11 and D-13. Unfortunately you can also expect a a large portion of D-11 to be off-limits due to the Bridge fire. Time to get out and scout some contingency plans.

1726264701511.png

I mean they basically just closed down 75% of D-14 (SBNF) through Nov 30 for the Line Fire.

I would bet they shut down everything from Ortega Hwy north to Maple Springs truck trail at a minimum.

The season (archery) has already begun so there's no exchanging your tag. However, your D-15 tag is also valid in units D-11 and D-13. Unfortunately you can also expect a a large portion of D-11 to be off-limits due to the Bridge fire. Time to get out and scout some contingency plans.

View attachment 62938
Man, that’s a bummer D14 was my other tag gotta start looking for a backup. Do you know where I can look for Cleveland national Forest closures once they updated?

Yea it sucks, i had a d14 rifle tag, was going to archery D15. Heading to D16 next weekend to see if I can salvage the season.

I though i saw somewhere you can turn in a tag if the zone is a certain % shut down and get my points back. D14 may fall into that category now, will have to check.

Reactions: LoganClark2000

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu