D15 this weekend bsing + QnA

i'll test in the field. if it sucks I'll return it. I am not going to make a 6-8 hour trip to check out binoculars; especially when I have to make that same trip to return them if I don't like. I understand that looking through them individually can be beneficial, but what matters is how they feel when hiking and glassing right? So I ordered and will test in the real environment. if they suck, too heavy etc etc it takes all but 2 minutes to print a return label and buy something different.

Maybe others in different situations and locations have the convenience of a shop near them or the time off to drive 3 hours each way to do some shopping, but I don't. so help me if I buy recommended products on amazon vs going to bass pro 3 hours away.

Thanks I'll check Thise out!

Yeah I have onx on my phone but I felt like even in the dark we had trouble finding the exact spot and realized it when a little bit of light came up and boom too late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the onX app too. The app doesn't work as well as a satellite GPS with the chip.

Buy the vortex binos. You are buying cheap entry level gear so there will not be a big winner quality wise. They will all cause some eye strain but that's just how it is. We have all been there and done that

Get some reflective tape and use tiny strips to mark your trail. Go line of sight between them

Side Story thread jack...
My Swarovski 8*42 are just amazing. They are so old and have been so abused the eye cups rotted off. They are just as clear and aligned just as good as the day they were born. Buy once cry once. Before that I got new binos about every 2 years. Think it was 1997 when I got my slc's

Last edited:
Buy the vortex binos. You are buying cheap entry level gear so there will not be a big winner quality wise. They will all cause some eye strain but that's just how it is. We have all been there and done that

Get some reflective tape and use tiny strips to mark your trail. Go line of sight between them

Side Story thread jack...
My Swarovski 8*42 are just amazing. They are so old and have been so abused the eye cups rotted off. They are just as clear and aligned just as good as the day they were born. Buy once cry once. Before that I got new binos about every 2 years. Think it was 1997 when I got my slc's

Absolutely. The cool things about used gear is it never goes to waste. As I upgrade I'll hand me down the other stuff.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu