D16 Archery Success

BBH

Dec 25, 2014
Lakeside California
My son-in-law Truduct convinced me to give archery a try this deer season. What the heck, I may be an old dog, but why not learn a new trick. Got me a disabled archer permit and a crossbow, practiced a bit, and set out to get a deer. Truduct put a red circle on the map and told me I would find deer there, up to me to put one down. So, I set out and hiked some miles into the back country to the red circle. No sooner than I got there I saw 2 does. Stalked them, with a crosswind, but could never close the gap to less than 100 yds. Decided to sit down and wait to see if they would come back my way or if some of their buddies would show up. Sure enough, the 2 does came back and I was able to nail one. It was near dark, couldn’t find the doe. Went back to civilization and called Truduct for reinforcements. He brought my grandson and we hiked back in the daylight and found the doe about 50 yds from where she was shot.

IMG_0428a.jpgIMG_0626b.jpgIMG_0438c.jpg

NICE !! WAY TO GO GRANDPA

Last edited:
Reactions: BBH
Congrats Barry you are a bad ass hunter! Stoked you got it done and we have meat in the freezer. I don’t know what to call our Montley Crew of a hunting party but it sure is fun hunting with you and the boys. Never a dull moment and somehow we find a way to put meat on the ground. Congrats again I am stoked for you.
That’s a nice hat!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu