D16 Deer opener

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
We are one week out and this forum is as quiet as a mouse. Who’s gonna be out there risking their lives for the 16 opener? What are your plans?

Me and @JakeSCH will be backpacking in Friday afternoon with my boneheads for a weekend of action packed trophy fork and doe hunting. I don’t have a tag but both boys have a D16 and one has a G13 also. Jake has a D16 so hopefully between the three of them we can pull something off.

We will pack out Sunday then I leave Monday for OR Elk and bear. So happy it’s rifle season this is truly the best time of year.

I’m driving out from Colorado Springs at 4 am Friday, I’ll be at deer camp with Dad and friends at 7 pm that night, I’ll be there for 4 days and then head back to Colorado. I’ve made it out there 4 of the last 6 seasons, passed up multiple bucks every year looking for a better than average buck, maybe this year is the year or maybe I’ll just shoot a forky, we shall see.

I am going to miss the D16 opener along with all of the associated excitement this year. Heading to Idaho today to kick off a week of public land DIY elk and deer hunting. First time hunting elk, first time hunting in Idaho. Should be a good learning experience. Plan to hunt the mighty 16 the third week of the season. Looking forward to a fun month! Best wishes to you all.

Reactions: 2duckhunter4
The other D zone I hunt so far has not shown much deer at all and I covered a lot o ground.

Reactions: TRICER
Dr,

Spring only.....And, we at NWTF don't encourage fall turkey hunting at all in San Diego Co,
Got it. Many thanks. You ever hunt Vid 01 for D16 opener? That's what I drew. Vid 20 on Sunday. Have hunted that zone several times.

Got it. Many thanks. You ever hunt Vid 01 for D16 opener? That's what I drew. Vid 20 on Sunday. Have hunted that zone several times.

VID is a pretty good spot...I'd watch the bottom land...The biggest problem is guys moving in from public (much bigger problem during turkey season....The 6x4 in the restaurant (shot by Frank) was in 1.

I have VID 20 on Saturday, but only hunting the afternoon...Really good spot...I can give you some intel Saturday night.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
VID is a pretty good spot...I'd watch the bottom land...The biggest problem is guys moving in from public (much bigger problem during turkey season....The 6x4 in the restaurant (shot by Frank) was in 1.

I have VID 20 on Saturday, but only hunting the afternoon...Really good spot...I can give you some intel Saturday night.
I would greatly appreciate that. Isn't Montana just about the best place on earth? I love it there.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu