D16 Goes Premium

wheels

Mar 1, 2011
East County, Ca
sdcvc.com
I new this was going to happen. A22, G13, M6 and D16 are all Premium tags. So if you hunt in San Diego you will only get one tag unless you get a AO tag. That's It Folks :(

San Diego isn't what Premium tags was meant for. San Diego is a Deer opportunity zone. It was never to be looked at as a Premium Hunt area. This is what happens when you make it easy for people to buy tags. They buy out quickly and then this happens. Real Bummer.

Yea it's a bummer, I'll be grabbing an AO for sure.... Looks like I'll have a long waterfowl season.

To me it sucks for the guys that have points there saving,now that all of d16 is a draw people are gonna have to make choices they shouldn't have too.

stikbrandon said:
Yea it's a bummer, I'll be grabbing an AO for sure.... Looks like I'll have a long waterfowl season.

To me it sucks for the guys that have points there saving,now that all of d16 is a draw people are gonna have to make choices they shouldn't have too.

No doubt. I'm not burning my points for a local tag. I could draw an X9A but I'll put in for G3 or G39 and probably end up with another point. Then hope for a left over locally.

stikbrandon said:

Not really...I will buy my D16 tag over the counter. Remember - these tags don't sell out during the initial draw. Put in for your "real" premium tags and if you do not get drawn get your D16 when they go on sale after the draw.

True - you will not be able to get your two tags but there are other opportunities that can be had too. AZ is close by and has some great hunts that can be had with minimum points as well.

Only your first choice on the first tag gets tha points so make D16 your second choice on your first tag and you save your points and you will get your D16

A22 is a restricted tag so if doesn't sell out by 8/2 then it's unrestricted next year.......so theirs hope for next year

With A22 being restricted if you dont put in for the draw you could buy it as a first deer tag as well.

NBK said:
stikbrandon said:

Not really...I will buy my D16 tag over the counter. Remember - these tags don't sell out during the initial draw. Put in for your "real" premium tags and if you do not get drawn get your D16 when they go on sale after the draw.

True - you will not be able to get your two tags but there are other opportunities that can be had too. AZ is close by and has some great hunts that can be had with minimum points as well.

Also Nevada, I've been doing some research on it and there are good opportunities for early archery hunters.

Yes put A22 ras your second choice on your first deer tag and you save your pts

Then your second tag pick up AO

So last year I recall A22 was premium, but it didn't sell out in the draw. I also seem to remember that some people here said their points weren't used to get their A22 draws.

I assume that means if you apply for a draw with points, but it doesn't sell out in the draw, you get it without using your points. It sort of effectively becomes restricted...

any thoughts on this?

Invisible man said:
Well can I put in for an a22 then buy an ao over the counter? If so I get the same time in the woods as usual with a few more d zone options. :)

Went to the DFG office a couple hours ago. Almost a dozen guys in there all in a panick over D-16 and A-22.

Picked up my A-22 tag and will get an AO later.

Doug, that AO tag will give you a LOT more than just "D" zones....... :)

Breacher said:
Invisible man said:
Well can I put in for an a22 then buy an ao over the counter? If so I get the same time in the woods as usual with a few more d zone options. :)

Went to the DFG office a couple hours ago. Almost a dozen guys in there all in a panick over D-16 and A-22.

Picked up your A22????? You didn't pick it up, it is a premium tag so you mean you put in for the draw

wheels said:
Breacher said:
Invisible man said:

Picked up your A22????? You didn't pick it up, it is a premium tag so you mean you put in for the draw

Not sure what happened to my post. Computer glitch. Anyway, I meant what I said......I have A-22 tag in hand along with a bunch of other guys who were buying them......Since you doubt, here is a picture. Go get one! ;)

Attachments

• 20140415_173828.jpg
    20140415_173828.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu