D16 Hunt / OC Fish weekend of 5.31 & 6.1

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Weekend is coming up fast so oil those firearms and dust off the rods. If anyone interested in meeting up to hunt or fish send me a DM, regardless just get out there. Here is what this weekend is shaping up like.

Friday 5.31 5pm to 10pm
Going to be Surf Fishing the South OC. If you are set up for freshwater bring your reel and I have extra long rods and gear you can use to beef up your setup or get you set up completely if you want to try it out. You can either go heavy for sharks and rays or light line for perch, croaker, and beans. If you never tried surf fishing before a great way to get your feet wet and learn how to handle some of the larger game. If your an old salt, I got a great spot to tug on some large critters. Newbies will need to add a sport ocean enhancement to your fishing license, $5.40 I believe or just buy a 1 day $16.20 and no enhancement needed.

Saturday 6.1 7AM to 1PM
Going to head out to the Eastside of Palomar, kind of. Going to be hunting for yotes early on and then scouting and changing SD cards in the cams. If you plan on drawing a D16 tag and hunting in the north part of the zone you will want to check this place out.

Let me know, will be out there.

Weekend is coming up fast so oil those firearms and dust off the rods. If anyone interested in meeting up to hunt or fish send me a DM, regardless just get out there. Here is what this weekend is shaping up like.

Friday 5.31 5pm to 10pm
Going to be Surf Fishing the South OC. If you are set up for freshwater bring your reel and I have extra long rods and gear you can use to beef up your setup or get you set up completely if you want to try it out. You can either go heavy for sharks and rays or light line for perch, croaker, and beans. If you never tried surf fishing before a great way to get your feet wet and learn how to handle some of the larger game. If your an old salt, I got a great spot to tug on some large critters. Newbies will need to add a sport ocean enhancement to your fishing license, $5.40 I believe or just buy a 1 day $16.20 and no enhancement needed.

Saturday 6.1 7AM to 1PM
Going to head out to the Eastside of Palomar, kind of. Going to be hunting for yotes early on and then scouting and changing SD cards in the cams. If you plan on drawing a D16 tag and hunting in the north part of the zone you will want to check this place out.

I am very busy this weekend with the kids birthday party. But the following weekend I am good to go. No fishing though but hiking, scouting and shooting sounds like.... Great.
Also I would be meeting another SCHer!!!

I am very busy this weekend with the kids birthday party. But the following weekend I am good to go. No fishing though but hiking, scouting and shooting sounds like.... Great.
Also I would be meeting another SCHer!!!

Are you in Bonita? There are some areas east of you I have been wanting to get down to. I can put together some spots and send them over to you, let me know which one looks interesting to you.

Sounds like fun. Really wanna find some time this summer to get into surf fishing. Last time was in IB years ago but it's been a toilet bowl down there.. always has really but especially lately.

Anytime you want to try it out I have more gear than I do hands. Never tried LB, mostly OC and south to the border. SD has some really nice beaches, just get really crowded this time of year so its either early morning or after dark till the tourists go home.

Friday 5.31 5pm to 10pm

Saturday 6.1 7AM to 1PM

Wish i could join you this Saturday but if you're up for it maybe later this month?

It was nice meeting you Jeremy.
We always have a good time, even if we come home empty handed.
Lots of fat rabbits for the next season...

That place looks like it would Rock for Coyotes. Did the sign look any good?

No recent skat, all kinds of tracks everywhere, I think it is a winter stomping ground for the surrounding mountains. Brush was taller than I was expecting from the sat images and have to get up high to see, rifle the way to go. Except for a few really thick areas not to bad to navigate and blaze your own trail, lots of game trails to connect to.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu