D16 opener whos excited

I am for sure. Just trying to figure out what I want to do. Bow or Rifle? I may go to the Laguna Rec area just to stay away from all the crazies that come out opening morning, then go somewhere else for a rifle hunt in the evening.

Dano go with a rifle most people will be hunting with a rifle anywhere you go youll be disadvantaged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

D16 opener whos excited

Im trying to kill a deer bigger than this think itll be hard? That was two years ago

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382544429.333921.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382544429.333921.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 140
D16hunter said:
Dano go with a rifle most people will be hunting with a rifle anywhere you go youll be disadvantaged

I'll be out with a bow but I don't see it as a disadvantage. :)

Breacher said:
D16hunter said:

I'll be out with a bow but I don't see it as a disadvantage. :)
Jst my opinion where i hunt on public land theres tons of hunters not much chance for bowhunters

I'm pretty excited. This is my first year hunting and I bought a deer tag. I've been doing lots of scouting, seen lots of sign. Still no deer though. I figure the best way to learn is to get out there and try it, so that's what I'm going to do. Can't sleep at night thinking of all the details of before, during, and (hopefully) after.

My main goal is not to get shot. My second goal is to learn technique, etiquette, etc. My third goal is to put some meat in the freezer.

I would say see you out there, but I'm actually hoping I won't!

Im pretty excited too. I too won't know till fri night if I go bow or rifle. But I think riffle will have a major advantage. But I may stoop. How ya gonna win both categories if ya don't try? ;D

msteiger said:
I'm pretty excited. This is my first year hunting and I bought a deer tag. I've been doing lots of scouting, seen lots of sign. Still no deer though. I figure the best way to learn is to get out there and try it, so that's what I'm going to do. Can't sleep at night thinking of all the details of before, during, and (hopefully) after.

My main goal is not to get shot. My second goal is to learn technique, etiquette, etc. My third goal is to put some meat in the freezer.

I would say see you out there, but I'm actually hoping I won't!

msteiger

the reason or possibly the reason is because of the full moon & the hot weather. plus hunter pressure will send the deer scurrying, & become nocturnal. you will visually see plenty of sign but no deer.
I see cloudy weather, overcast weather. this will help. go to where you have seen the most sign , (tracks & deer droppings) thats where you want to be went the weather turns cold & cloudy)
good luck man

Re: D16 opener whos excited

D16hunter said:
Im trying to kill a deer bigger than this think itll be hard? That was two years ago

That's a nice deer D-16,

I bow hunt in the laguna area. it's archery only.

Good Luck To You

I am excited, but torn on which location I should go to. opposite ends of the County.
One location will be new to me, but I have been told there will be a lot of hunters, and only one way in and out.
I just hope for a little courtesy and respect.

ratz said:
I am excited, but torn on which location I should go to. opposite ends of the County.
One location will be new to me, but I have been told there will be a lot of hunters, and only one way in and out.
wear plenty of bright orange ratz, and be careful.
I was shot at once by a hunter because he saw movement. fortunate for me I was faster & ducked before he could nail me.
the bullet went right over my head. & to think I was wearing an Orange hat. he still thought I was a deer.
I am lucky to be here on this forum. This happened approximately twenty two years ago.

Wow! How does one mistake a hunter for a deer!? Craziness! I usually try and be up high on opening morning with the optics. Watch all the hunters push the deer around and try and find something worth putting in a stalk. Last year I watched 2 hunters push 3 bucks and a doe about 300 yds in front of them and they never had a clue the deer were in front of them. One was a 4by4. Some one usually gets lucky and wacks a monster on opening morning. Who will it be!!! Good luck fellas! Stay safe and watch your back round.

longbowhunter2 said:
ratz said:
wear plenty of bright orange ratz, and be careful.
I was shot at once by a hunter because he saw movement. fortunate for me I was faster & ducked before he could nail me.
the bullet went right over my head. & to think I was wearing an Orange hat. he still thought I was a deer.
I am lucky to be here on this forum. This happened approximately twenty two years ago.
I agree wear a lot of orange who cares if you think it spooks the deer better to be spotted by a deer than be shot by a hunter who saw movement

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu