D16 opener whos excited

I'm so ready saw a few shooters today 1 little fork one big fork. There safe unless it gets close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cali Ridge Runner said:
Wow! How does one mistake a hunter for a deer!? Craziness! I usually try and be up high on opening morning with the optics. Watch all the hunters push the deer around and try and find something worth putting in a stalk. Last year I watched 2 hunters push 3 bucks and a doe about 300 yds in front of them and they never had a clue the deer were in front of them. One was a 4by4. Some one usually gets lucky and wacks a monster on opening morning. Who will it be!!! Good luck fellas! Stay safe and watch your back round.

Cali Ridge Runner Link

I was high but not high enough, I agree the higher usually the better.
That day all I saw was orange all around me , OK I knew this place was a bust. so I was glassing all the near mountains. I notice this guy pointing his rifle at me .
I hit the ground flat as a pancake. the bullet came within inches by my head.
I was lucky that day. so that's why I bow hunt. most guys hunt from their stands & I usually still hunt.
I missed a small buck last year. but that's hunting. at least I got a shot.
I make it tough on my self because I do use a long bow. ;D

In rifle season... Orange is definitely the new black! or Camo! or whatever!
;D

Good luck to all going out for D16 opener be safe ! Sounds crazy down there. :p

Saturday am all the hunters come out then in the evening 99 % go home........that's when the deer come out.

I'm backpacking in a few miles today hoping the road hunters push them to us. I just hope I don't see a pig and have to shoot it. I was going to bring one of my dogs to push the thick canyons but opening day is not the time.

Good luck to all and don't get upset with the crowds they will leave by noon......unless your on Palomar

MJB said:
Saturday am all the hunters come out then in the evening 99 % go home........that's when the deer come out.

Thats why Im going into Laguna Rec area for the morning and then going in a different area with the rifle for the afternoon/evening

dano626 said:
MJB said:

Thats why Im going into Laguna Rec area for the morning and then going in a different area with the rifle for the afternoon/evening

You know that thats seems logical. I may do the same. I never had any issues with bow hunters.

The opener of A22 at LMRA can be just as bad if not worse.

I like to hit the LMRA in a few weeks when the rut is on. Besides opening week for A22 the rut is the only other time I see good bucks up there.

MJB said:

I like to hit the LMRA in a few weeks when the rut is on. Besides opening week for A22 the rut is the only other time I see good bucks up there.

MJB

I agree thats the best hunting time.

MJB said:

I seem to get lucky, I find cool spots :eek:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu